Going to have my grand-fur-Boston Terrior kid.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
My son is flying to Ohio to see his dad this Christmas and I have offered... well I was asked, to baby-sit Ottie the Boston Terrior for a week for him. Dustin also has a Pitt/lab that he has made arrangements with a friend of theirs that has a pitt/mix to stay with her.

I am wondering how Vegas will do having Ottie full time instead of a visit, for the week??. Vegas has never had another dog for even an over-nighter before. Ottie is 7 and can be grouchy!! My son does not have a lot of money being a full time college student so I went out and bought a small crate, blankie and small toys for Ottie to have his own place to relax.

This should be interesting. Ottie only weighs 13 lbs. I hope Vegas won't bully him.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
If he comes to play often it should be okay. Has he come to the new house yet? If not, I would make arrangements for a playdate soon! Meet up in the front yard before going in the house on the street too.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
We had a Jack Russell neighbor dog that was always left home alone move in with us for over a year. Mack and Chester were fine with it except if Harry would pick up one of their NylaBones, then either Mack or Chester would gently take the bone out of Harry's mouth. We bought Harry his own Nylabone (same extra large size) and Mack and Chester still took it away from him. Make sure that Vegas can't get Ottie's smaller toys if they could be a choking hazzard. Dogs are funny about toys. Seeing how Ottie is older and grouchy he will probably boss Vegas around.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I think Vegas will have a blast with Ottie! Samson loves my friends girl Boston, Pebbles. She is actually supposed to come over this week for a play date :) Samson has been pretty gentle with her in the past but I do watch them closely, Sam is 55 lbs and she is same as Ottie, probably 10-15 lbs, and with that size difference I worry about him accidently hurting her.

I love bostons, not as much as bullys, but I just think they are super cute and neat dogs :heart: Having Pebbles over for a play date is only partially for Samson's benefit, I also just want some Boston love LOL

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], Ottie has been here at the new house many times, how do you think my son eats???? :ROFL: just not for overnight him and Vegas just kind of ignore each other. Both are fixed but Ottie is older and Vegas is in love with Krillen my sons pitt/mix so Ottie is kind of just left alone.
[MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION], I made sure that all the new toys that I bought Ottie is still big enough for Vegas not to swallow. Poor Ottie, my son adopted him from a "friend at the dog park that he takes his pit-mix to" that said Ottie was around a year old. After a few months my son noticed teeth laying on the floor, he took Ottie to the vet (yes mom paid) thinking he had unhealthy gums, NO, Ottie is a senior dog!! I knew the minute I seen him and told Dustin that Ottie was not a year old. Oh well, Dustin loves him just the way he is a few teeth left and all.!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I can see Vegas (OCD kicking in)..... pacing, sitting staring, and going through his head 'what is he still doing here?' Why is he not leaving?' Meanwhile, Ottie, is fast asleep nice and comfy!

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION], Dustin is so good with children and animals. He has the best :heart: I did my very best with both of them, when I was married to their dad and we lived in the country and had 3 acres we had a zoo!! Many dogs, rabbits, cats, racoons, reptiles, you name it we had it at one time or another. Living out in the middle of no where we were prime target for drop offs! I came home one day to find a 4 ft. Iguana in my bathtub that my son's friend could not keep I did not notice until I was on the toilet!!...god I miss those days!! They grow up so fast.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Great, [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION], can't get that visual out of my head! :lmao:

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Great, [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION], can't get that visual out of my head! :lmao:
[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION], I think I pee'd all over the bathroom floor as the monster was hissing at me!! My son had the shower curtain pulled closed and I heard something while sitting on the toilet, I opened the shower curtain to see the dragon and I about fainted!!! I made him give it back to his friend, it scared the crap out of me!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
im thinking this will be ok. being as its a smaller dog and vegas knows him it will be fine. most dogs are ok with things smaller than them. makes em feel big. lol. im sure you will have some good stories to tell about this one. i love your stories. :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online