Vegas has the meanest mommy

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
So he thinks!! Over the weekend he picked up that eating sand was cool while he was free to roam his fenced in back yard. Well two days in a row he puked wet cement so yesterday I leashed him everytime we went out and today the same. He hated his leash!!! He did do his business then thought he would just go about his way and wonder around the back yard...NOPE I drug him right back inside and did not let him go on his own. I took him for two walks on the sidewalk yesterday and tonight took him for a long walk out front.

It SUCKS that I have to leash him when he has such a nice fenced in yard to roam free, but I really am worried about all the sand he ate this weekend, his :poo: is normal and he is eating and drinking like normal, but I can't have him turning into a cement statue on me!!!
I said I watched him 95% of the time, I am going to give him a few more days on the leash then watch him 100% of the time. He hangs his head low when he goes to the door and see's me get the leash. I don't know what else to do to stop this bad habit.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This might just surprise you @KMARINO but this time I'm on your side. Poor Vegas might be feeling sorry for himself, and is probably doing a good job of making you feel bad, but, He is lucky to have a Mamma who loves him as much as you do.

:muah2:

I agree completely! Good bully mama!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Sometimes tough love is the best love!

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Yup, like [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] said, sometimes you just gotta practice tough love! Mr. Vegas just needs to get used to being leashed again or stop eating sand!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well..this really hurts me..but im on your side too! :shhhh: don't tell Vegas though....I want him to still call and tell me about his sad..sad..:cry:... Life.....

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My poor buddy.... I agree you are being a great bully mommy, but ya know, there is no sand in my yard up here in PA!!!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
You are being a good bully mama and hopefully he will learn.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
That stinks but the novelty of the sand might wear off after awhile and you can try again. Truman used to love to eat rocks and now he doesn't bother with them anymore. I also tried to scold him while I saw him trying to eat the rocks, which may or may not have helped.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Time to invest in bark? lol Thankfully my pups mostly just eat the planter dirt, which drives me nuts but at least isnt dangerous like sand. Poor Vegas! Better have him suffer than get sick from it tho. Try not to feel so bad. Is there a way to fence the area off maybe with a low edging fence in the meantime?

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well bullies are smart so im thinking he will put it together soon. eat sand=leash no eat sand=run free. you have to do this for his own good. thats part of being the best bully mama. :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.