Is my Bulldog Small???

stuartgerrard85

Oct 17, 2011
Looks like a double of fletcher at that age he is now 22 weeks and about 13 kgs first pic of around 12 weeks and 2nd of about 2 weeks ago. I thought he was small but every week his collar needs adjusting! They grow so fast without realising.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1324423088377.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1324423088377.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 51
  • uploadfromtaptalk1324423098389.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1324423098389.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 62
OP
EBDR35

EBDR35

Oct 4, 2011
Oooh! I wish mine were "portable" size. Is she completely white? She looks perfect. No tear stains that I can discern. Thanks for sharing her pictures. Be sure to check back in so we can see her grow up to a bigger beautiful bully girl.

She is 99% white i would say Haha. She has little black freckles on her nose, and a few on her ears that are only noticeable if you pay close attention. I will post more pictures in a few weeks as well.

Pics not working! Fletcher is on3 cups of food a day!

Wow she looks just like my Bully, Her name is SNOWY by the way . Your bully could pass as mine if you switched them i wouldn't notice perhaps haha. 3 cups is a lot of food, she should be big and meaty when shes fully grown :)

Last edited:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Here's my Stig when he was 4 months old I believe. Notice his long skinny face.

StigBreeder1.jpg

This is him beginning of September. His head has finally caught up with his body. :)

IMG_1476.jpg

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Here's my Stig when he was 4 months old I believe. Notice his long skinny face. This is him beginning of September. His head has finally caught up with his body. :)

Stig looks nothing like his pup picture.... my two barely changed form pup to adult

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Stig looks nothing like his pup picture.... my two barely changed form pup to adult

Oh yeah? Would love to see some pics of the non-transition. :)

I think the only feature that stayed with Stiggy is his forehead wrinkle, which is my fave of course.

Last edited:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
One benefit to having a small bit of a snout is that you will have less breathing issues more than likely. Hey I kinda think she resembles an older version of my grand-fur-baby Linus @kazzy220 don't you think so too? So of course, she is perfect!

I agree ... very much like Baby Linus ... and of course beyond perfect!! :yes:

Here's my Stig when he was 4 months old I believe. Notice his long skinny face.

StigBreeder1.jpg

This is him beginning of September. His head has finally caught up with his body. :)

IMG_1476.jpg

As always .... completely in :luv: with the Stig-meister!!!

[MENTION=3380]EBDR35[/MENTION] Maggie has just turned 4 and she is only about 34lb. I wouldn't worry too much about weight ... it is all so individual. Just keep an eye on her physique ... make sure from a top view she has an easily discernable waistline, and that you can't feel her ribs without adding a little bit of pressure.

To me three cups a day does sound a lot although I also think what you were originally feeding was too little. What kind of food is she being fed ... that can make a difference to the amount you feed.

OP
EBDR35

EBDR35

Oct 4, 2011
I agree ... very much like Baby Linus ... and of course beyond perfect!! :yes:

As always .... completely in :luv: with the Stig-meister!!!

@EBDR35 Maggie has just turned 4 and she is only about 34lb. I wouldn't worry too much about weight ... it is all so individual. Just keep an eye on her physique ... make sure from a top view she has an easily discernable waistline, and that you can't feel her ribs without adding a little bit of pressure.

To me three cups a day does sound a lot although I also think what you were originally feeding was too little. What kind of food is she being fed ... that can make a difference to the amount you feed.

Hi, she was originally on Nature's Variety Instinct Salmon Meal (1.5 to 2 Cups a day very tiny Kibbles), she was doing fine but i got worried she wasn't growing because i was not exactly feeding her Puppy food, i know its great food and five Stars, but i had a feeling its not for puppies, so just about 2 weeks ago i just started transitioning her into eating Wellness Super5Mix just for Puppies.. THe kibbles are about twice as big as the Nature's VAriety one so im feeding her two times a Day about 1 1/4 cups each serving.. so thats about 2 and a half cups a day or so.. I was going by the feeding guide from Nature's Variety at first, but now that im on Wellness and the kibbles are bigger im not 100% sure how much i should be feeding her now... any advice would be appreciated.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] - what a perfect illustration of how EBs grow into themselves over time. I'd have never put those two pics together as the same dog. Goes to show ya!

[MENTION=3380]EBDR35[/MENTION] - Bo was lanky as a pup but he's also filling out like Stig did.

They're ALL perfect just exactly like they are. :-)

pdac1975

Mar 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lord Wallace (Wally)
I think they are just all different. Wally was by far the biggest dog in his litter (he looked like he was a month older than his brothers) but he grew very slowly and all the other dogs surpassed him in weight. Now at 1 year he is fairly tall and weighs 52lbs but his head hasn't really filled out yet. He looks pretty lanky for a Bulldog. This is his most recent picture. He's probably about 10.5 months in it. You can see that his head is not as big as other Bulldogs his age, but is getting bigger every day.
Lets be honest though, I really wrote all this as an excuse to post my new favorite picture of Wally.

wallywater.jpg

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I think they are just all different. Wally was by far the biggest dog in his litter (he looked like he was a month older than his brothers) but he grew very slowly and all the other dogs surpassed him in weight. Now at 1 year he is fairly tall and weighs 52lbs but his head hasn't really filled out yet. He looks pretty lanky for a Bulldog. This is his most recent picture. He's probably about 10.5 months in it. You can see that his head is not as big as other Bulldogs his age, but is getting bigger every day.
Lets be honest though, I really wrote all this as an excuse to post my new favorite picture of Wally.

View attachment 14975

Wally is wonderful! You need to share more often! Jakes story is just like Wally's! He was the 2nd biggest..although we were after a smaller sized bully...now we got just what we wanted! He weighs 46 lbs..his smaller brothers with 55 and up! :ROFL: I bet Wally's head will be perfect! He's not done yet!! From what I read..the head and chest fill out last! Thanks for the picture! :luv: Wally!

Most Reactions