New Pup Owner Questions - Breeding Styles & Initial Setup Recommendations

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Gracie gets a spoon full of Greek yogurt with her morning meal. she is an adult and we just do it for the added probiotics.

For pups I've read it's good for the probiotics and the additional calcium. Yogurt is tolerated where milk isn't in many.

TankerMan

Nov 20, 2011
Hello Lilly, I'm a mom of now my 2d bully. his name is Tank, we call him Tanker, he's a handsome sumthin! Our first bully, Fergie was crate trained, big enough to give her room to at least move around and maybe play with a toy, neither of my bullies have been toy players, they absolutely love jerky, but sooooooo beware of the "pig ears" or any of that nonsense "otc" prepackaged plastic looking bones, why: My Fergie almost choked to death on a pig ear, got hung in roof of her mouth twice before we finally figured out we shouldn't do that anymore...so now, they get ham bones, etc...the BIG ones, lasts long time...collar with name tag, phone number, etc, rabies tag, an expensive leash waste of money because they can't walk that far without sounding like they're gonna stroke out, they love to walk, don't get me wrong, but baby steps..lol..and breaks here and there...if crate trained, my baby did fine taking her out in a.m., crate her til my lunch, go home, let her out, feed, play, quickly, let her out, crate til end of day, never had a problem, Tanker, however, non crated, and he's had very few "accidents", all as a result of teenage boy (son) who prefers not to properly let him out, prob fixed, Tank been big boy now for awhile....They do love to play, but both of mine tend/ed at times to get tooooo aggressive and sorta intimidate me, my kids, and friends..lol..funny now, not funny then, only in play, they just don't know how strong they can be. Enough jabber, enjoy your bully, we absolutely love ours..

TankerMan

Nov 20, 2011
oops, forgot to mention, breeding styles, both of mine artificially inseminated, both from excellent breeders, and I can tell you, yes, breeders of allllllll walks of life do "in breeding" as shocked as I was to hear it with my lab, the breeders do this to get traits, color, etc, in a safe and responsible knowing what they are doing kinda breeding.. it's when you breed siblings or mom/son father/daughter that you get not what you want, entirely, so to say. ")

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.