New Pup Owner Questions - Breeding Styles & Initial Setup Recommendations

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

hooligan

Sep 27, 2011
Lilly looks like a sweetheart. It was just a month ago when I brought Brixton home(I know I know guys I owe you all recent pictures). I remember all of the anticipation of bringing him home. This last month with him has been life changing and amazing. I'm sure you're going to have a great time with Lilly. They grow quick so enjoy the tiny little bundle while you can.

about line breeding. Line breeding is a way to pass down and solidify genes from highly rated dogs. You can make sure that other negative genes aren't brought forward by skipping a generation that's the main difference between line breeding and in-breeding. If done by an experienced breeder there can be great results. If you think it's kinda weird or creepy think of it this way. Line breeding is how we got the english bulldogs and all other breeds in the first place.

-Loki

OP
L

LillyBulldog

Dec 13, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly
Great insight - I mean it does make sense.. although very weird to think about.

I have another question - I have been doing a lot of research on food, shampoo, salmon oil, etc. I have made most of these purchases already (Fromm Puppy Gold, Fromm Chicken treats, Grizzly Salmon Oil, etc...) but I am stuck on the shampoo. I have been looking for threads on whether I should buy special puppy shampoo or just go with a regular oatmeal/aloe shampoo (Amazon has VET and Earthbath.. who also has a puppy formula). ANY insight would be great!

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
[MENTION=3896]LillyBulldog[/MENTION] I like the John Paul Tea Tree shampoo, and they also make a gentle puppy shampoo, but I haven't tried the puppy... both are on Amazon

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
haha Found it, finally! Well [MENTION=410]Telly03[/MENTION] sad to say us women do not forget these things. I can forget all of yesterday but something like this........... :lol: NOW it is bedtime!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I ONLY just came across this ...... [MENTION=410]Telly03[/MENTION] .... :laugh: ***sniggering***

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.