When did your bully reach full grown?

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
We are dying to know how much bigger Penny will get. She has gotten much more broad/stocky the last few months. She weighed 40 pounds when we had her at the vet last week. He is still gaining weight, but much much slower than up to about 6 months or so. Her mom was small (about 40 pounds), but from the pics we saw her dad was a big guy.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Right about 18 months for both Nitschke and Banks

H

heff101

Heff is still growing.....outwards!
He is turning into a real butterball.
Every evening Heff & I have our "bonding" time I call it:
"Huggeling With Heff"

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yes between 18 to 24 months they are full grown. Height wise usually after a year, then they start filling out and widening.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I agree with [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] I was told, and have now experienced, that the first year is growing tall, and then the second year is growing wider!!!

DeirdreF

Apr 3, 2011
Cobourg, Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
I agree with @Davidh I was told, and have now experienced, that the first year is growing tall, and then the second year is growing wider!!!

Interesting! Betty is almost 19 months and I assumed she was full grown. She still looks pretty petite, so maybe she will fill out sideways. She looks so much smaller than other bulldogs I see.

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Lola is 11 months old, and people keep asking how big she'll get. About a month ago she was 48 pounds. I think she's as tall as she's going to get, but her head and chest seem to be widening. Her mom is on the small side, but her dad is a beast!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I get asked this question all the time too (about the boys that is , not me! haha). It's interesting to know that mine still have some growing up to do b/c Tate is already a big boy, I think. He's only 10mos old tho, and Finn is 9mos and is a lot more slender than Tate. It will be neat to see how they "fill out" some more.

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
both our boys finished around 18-24 months....they filled out from a year on. titan took longer to grow and fill out taking the full 24 months. jameson grew much faster and filled out faster than titan. now they are both 65-70 punds

Teresa

Oct 30, 2010
So. Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Frederick (Fred)
If u mean mentaly I would say never :) that is what makes them soooooo special. They are and will always be a pup . Teaching mom and dad to spoil them rotten .

Gold bullies

Nov 27, 2011
Dayton Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Bonez, Bitzie, Brook and Bumble....not forgetting our ff Mr Burger
Bonez is the chubby one ,but the vet said he is not overweight , Bitzie is only about 2lb lighter than what Bonez was at 4 moths but she is alot slender which makes her look taller. The real funny thing is everyone thinks he is full grown and she is his baby. They are so shocked when i tell them he is only 10 weeks older her.

tonyjerry

Apr 13, 2011
After the first year did your bulldogs gain much weight or was it just redistributed? Oliver just turned 1 and is 60 lbs. Just wondering if he is going to be gaining more weight as he is pretty long and tall. Scary thinking he could get much bigger

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
He will gain more in mass/bone, and maybe a bit of chunk too ;).

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.