Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possibly allergy, food switch issues

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guinness
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Possibly allergy, food switch issues

@desertskybulldogs Guinness was about 10 months at the switch to "adult" food. He seems to do ok on the different foods (salmon a la veg, pork and applesauce) and then it seems to go downhill after a few weeks on each food. i ordered the surf and turf so hopefully this helps, and if not push harder for an allergy test

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

I've fed just about everything listed above. Right now we are feeding the NVI salmon. we have tear stains even though I'm giving them the mother apple cider vinegar. It's a huge game until we find the right combo. sucks for sure, but it's a fact. some people have no problem at all, some have lots of problems with skin and poops. I've had all the above, sometimes, one of our poops are slimy. I've got to narrow this down. good luck to everyone.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I love Fromm 4* but I notice that Maggie, in paticular, as she gets older gets worse as far as food is concerned. She does very well on the Fromm, but I notice an increase in tear stains now if I happen to get one of the other flavours that are not grain free. She does very well on the Beef, slightly less on the surf n turf, and out of all the others it would be Salmon as the next choice. Chicken was just awful - a very bad allergic reaction to that one.

Although I love Fromm, I would say just try the surf n turf for a good 1-2 months, then maybe try the beef for the same amount of time. AND just as cali~jenn said, if you stick within the Fromm you won't need to do the tricky switch over from one food to the next. So at least explore the opportunities you have within the Fromm range before you move on to another brand.

Good luck ... !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads