Enough to tear your heart out...

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Joe and I are going to an over-nighter for his Christmas Party tonight. It is about an hour away at a very nice Beach Resort. His company rents a whole floor for the employees to stay instead of drinking and driving.

My very good friend I work with that has two boys 9 and 11, offered to dog sit, she KNOWS what Vegas means to me and offered, so I took her up on it. I figured Vegas would LOVE playing with the boys. I took him there about an hour ago so I could spend time with him there. He LOVED the boys!! They have a totally fenced in back yard and he was all over the place with them.

Finally I have to get going so I can come home and get ready to go, just waiting on Joe to get off work. I squatted down and gave Vegas a big hug and kiss and told him to be good. He follows me to the back door, we leave him out with the boys, Perfect day, very overcast and 67* out. Vegas stood outside the back door and was actually crying LOUD for me :crying: It broke my heart!!

I called about 10 min. after I left and my friend said he was kind of listless for a few minutes then went back to playing with the boys.

Of course I gave her a list of do's and dont's longer than I ever did with my skin-kids, and I know he will be well taken care of, it just broke my heart that he was crying for me when I left. I told her I would call in a few hours to check on him...I think she thinks I am nuts!! :lol:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hug: Kelly...you ARE nuts! Just like the rest of us! Look at it this way..Vegas will be the center of attention..he WON'T be locked up in a kennel in a cold dark overnight place. He will close his eyes tonight and dream of his wonderful mommy! And tomorrow,you will be there! Plus it gives those little boys a chance to love a Bulldog! What better thing is there than THAT! :luv:

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], this is how bad it is bothering me, what you just said to me made me get big tears!! I know he will love playing with the kids (and my friend knows he has a humping issue, I HOPE he does not try) the boys were fighting over who Vegas gets to sleep with. Aawww, and yes I will pick him up tomorrow and love all over him.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
He will be fine and next time, just like skin-kids, he won't even look back and realize you are gone! Enjoy the party.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
awww kmarino I know how you feel...i go thru that when i have to go to work. I talk to Nigel and Karly and tell them mommy has to go to work but I will be back. I hope you get to enjoy the party and he'll be fine.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It is hard leaving them that's for sure, but I'm sure your friend will take good care of him and the boys will play with him and he will sleep like a baby tonight. Have fun tonight and you can give him a big hug tomorrow.

Tiffany B

Mar 7, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Rollie and Cash
Isn't it funny how we all are! My friends think I am nuts,too! My mom watched Rollie for 2 days once, and of course I gave her a long, long list.. When I was leaving she said geez I didn't know your dog came with an instruction manual! Lol she has 2 little dogs..bullies are so different, so many do's and dont's!! Have fun at your party!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Hugs Kelly... I won't say that I got tears reading how sad it was to have to leave him but I might have.. ;) LOL

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Now Vegas is going to want a kid of his own! There is no better place to leave him than with 9 and 11 year old boys. Believe me, he won't even miss you, in fact when you go to get him he probably won't want to go without at least 1 kid going too.
Have a great time at the party. Joe has a very thoughtful boss to provide overnight accommodations so there is no drinking and driving!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Reading this got me all emotional too! Vegas loves his momma and wants her to have a great fun time tonight. Hopefully you are! Those two lucky boys get to play with sweet Vegas tonight. That's a great gift to give those kids!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I can't believe you call Joe that, you haven't even met him!!!!!!:ROFL:

ROFLMAO!

I wish there were a couple of neighbor kids - wait, not neighbor kids, imported kids maybe - to come over and tire these two out. Vegas is going to have the blast of his life following them around and playing. A good dog is a TIRED dog and you're going to have one angel-like, sleepy pooch after all that activity!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online