What are your thoughts on seatbelting your dog..

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We buckle their harnesses in ... but to be honest they don't go in the car much these days since we moved house. They run like crazies all over the back yard now chasing each other so we dont' do many walks at all.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I have a GINORMOUS kennel that they BOTH fit in together for trips in the truck. Works really great and, just like skin kids, they can squabble and ask "Are we there yet?" all the way to our destination.....LOL Kidding. They're actually great in there.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Family isn't the only ones she nags!!! Just saying.. heehee

Princess Gracie wears a harness whenever we go somewhere and I have one of her leashes attached to a tie down ring at the back of the Grand Cherokee. We travel with the seats folded down and the leash only allows her go come forward to the back of the front seats. If we are ever in an accident I don't want 40 pounds of bulldog hitting me in the back of the head or going thru the windshield.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I always use a seatbelt for my Samson, it's the harness with the loop to put the seatbelt thru. Samson is very good in the car, he really just sleeps the whole time but I live in southern California and there is a ton of traffic. I could have to slam on my breaks at any time (which I have many times including when Samson has been in the car) and I don't want him flying forward and injuring his leg or something. Safety first!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.