Different bloodlines

englishbulldogLA

Dec 7, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Smash
Hey everyone I'm in the process of purchasing me a English bulldog and I was wondering how many different bloodlines do they have. I also was wondering which bloodline is the best because someone told champion bloodline was the best

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
No idea on this but make sure you find a great breeder. I would think a good breeder would be using good bloodlines. You can look at the bulldog club of America and see their list of recommended breeders to start.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN. You've come to the right place to learn about bullies. I would suggest you read, read, read here on EBN. There is a wealth of info on bullies here and it is best too know as much as you can before you go bully shopping. A good breeder will be one that has chosen his bloodlines carefully trying to minimize the negative traits of the breed. Just because a dog is a champion doesn't necessarily mean it is a healthy dog but its a good place to start. Interview the prospective breeder well and pick carefully.
Enjoy the site and thanx again for joining.

OP
E

englishbulldogLA

Dec 7, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Smash
Thank you for all the advice I will read read read as much as possible and try to learn everything I can about this great dog.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] and [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] sumed it up nicely.... this bred is the greatest out there, but they are a LOT of work, time and attention.

Welcome to the site

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Welcome to EBN! Find a breeder who breeds for HEALTH and TEMPERMENT. Visit the breeder and look at both parents and puppies. Talk with people who have bought from the breeder in the past. Does the breeder track each litter as they grow up? What kind of longevity do their puppies average? Good luck. Remember the price you pay for a puppy is nothing compared the vet bills if you get one with health problems.

Teresa

Oct 30, 2010
So. Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Frederick (Fred)
Welcome to EBN! Find a breeder who breeds for HEALTH and TEMPERMENT. Visit the breeder and look at both parents and puppies. Talk with people who have bought from the breeder in the past. Does the breeder track each litter as they grow up? What kind of longevity do their puppies average? Good luck. Remember the price you pay for a puppy is nothing compared the vet bills if you get one with health problems.

this good advice and i want add never buy a pup out of the newspaper good breeders have a wait list and NEVER place a ad in the paper

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Good advise above, you can check the Bulldog Club of America for some top breeders and bloodlines. If you get a pup from good bloodlines, your chance of health problems go down considerately. It's no guarantee, but does help. Our bullies do not have a lot of health issues that you hear about, because we have a very good bloodlines and when we do breed we are careful to match both male and female pedigrees to try to better the breed and most good breeders do the same thing. Do your homework on the breeder you choose and get references from people who have bought from them. If they are hesitant to give this info, then move on. They should have nothing to hide.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
After losing my first English Bulldog, Mabeline Fabulash, to heart failure, I upped the ante on my already psycho research for the best breeder I could possibly find when I was ready to consider a new puppy. I was prepared to wait - and did. Those weeks leading up to and after Bea's birth just added to the fun and excitement for me. I couldn't wait for the new baby to come home.

Those "too good to be true" situations most surely ARE and should be avoided or you're risking heartbreak. You should be able to visit the puppies easily and see the mom and or dad (when sperm comes via UPS - that's not possible - but you can see a picture of the dad). GET REFERENCES FROM KNOWLEDGABLE BULLDOG PEOPLE. Don't buy a pup from a pet store or newspaper as you may be supporting a puppy mill and you'll get yourself a dog who's health is already compromised by virtue of poor breeding. Also remember, there are many great dogs out there in rescue too.

Best of luck in your search!

Ali althani

Sep 26, 2017
Country
Qatar
Bulldog(s) Names
Sabina star walk & Samuel Senior De Shans
Hey everyone I'm in the process of purchasing me a English bulldog and I was wondering how many different bloodlines do they have. I also was wondering which bloodline is the best because someone told champion bloodline was the best

I believe Xxxxxx. is the best bloodline

We do nit allow breeder or kennel names on the forum...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online