At what age do bullies slow down?

nybadboy11

Aug 10, 2011
At what age do bull dogs slow down a little lol? Because my sammy is a spark plug he seems like hes never relaxing hes always on the go hes only 7 months old but very hyper:bully:

webster03

Nov 20, 2011
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Macy Elizabeth
I am a first time eb owner so i am of no help. But i have done lots of research and from what i have read they are perpetual puppies and never grow up...lol. I read that most puppies mature around 12-18 months and eb dont reach maturity until around 36 months. But thats not from experience so take it with a grain of salt. :detective:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I have never had a puppy but from what Ive read here on EBN most start to mature and not be so wild by the time they are 2. Our Gracie is 5 and she sleeps ALL the time. How about some new pix of your 'baby'?? :)

OP
nybadboy11

nybadboy11

Aug 10, 2011
Well thanks this little guy is really full of it and he plays with my boxer all day ! But i love him

OP
nybadboy11

nybadboy11

Aug 10, 2011
I cant figure out how to post them ! Can you help with that lol

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I think there is a tutorial on picture posting somewhere.... maybe [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] can find it for you.
What we do is use PhotoBucket.com for storing our photos. Then they give 4 links to us for sharing the photos. We just copy and bottom of the 4 links and past them right into our post. It really is quite easy once you do it a couple of times.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas did slow down around 2, but not much. He does sleep alot, but when he is awake he is full of energy still.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Moe is full of it at 1, chasing leaves and biting at sprinklers on his walks, and constantly pestering his sister at home... But I have heard generally around 2 they slow down.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
2 is the age they kinda stop being bad anyhow. Not sure about slowing down. Cutty has slowed but is 6 now. lol. Miila is a spaz, much more so than the boys ever were so I am hopeful that 2 will bring a slowing but not holding my breath. She is crazy. lol

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Usually around 2 years old they will slow down a little, but will still like to play. Buddy is almost 3 and he still likes to play. BeBe is 5 and she has her moments that she likes to play.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Most breeds slow down around two -- BUT, every dog is different. My boy, Nitschke, had his moments after he turned 4. But, my girl, Banks --- HA -- there is no slow with her and she is 6 years old. She is always on high speed.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Bullies slow down??? My Winston was 8 when he passed and there was now slowing down. :lol: Matilda is 11 months and I doubt she is gonna slow down at 2 either!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
My experience has been that Bulldogs remain "impish" and have frequent spurts of playfulness up until close to the end. Once their health starts to go downhill. it goes down fast.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
If there is any change at all I'd say after 2 years. I have one with medium energy and one with low energy unless they're chasing something out of the yard then they are both fast! :D

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
bwhahahaha slow down??? they lie to you when you get them. ours are 3 1/2 and are CRAZY.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.