General questions about Bulldogs

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
So, Mona is my first English Bulldog and after joinging this website I've come up with a question.
What are common things that Bulldog's do? I read that someone said their bulldog loves to get it's hiney scratched. I didn't want to type that Mona likes that, too because I didn't realize it was a bulldog thing and thought ya'll would say "this one's crazy".

They like their butts scratched
They like belly rubs in the morning

What else is typical for a Bully?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Being with their human
sitting on your feet
sleeping on your head

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Belching, farting ,snoring, licking, moving furniture with their heads, loving their human, being a clown and making you laugh, and generally being just the greatest dogs in the world. Plus everything else people have said already.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Yep! What [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] said! Bout sums it up!

lisastrathern

Nov 9, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
Chasing toes and brooms is a favourite game, and sleeping on my foot so I cant leave before he wakes up:)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Princess Gracie can just sit there and look at me and I smile.... she doesn't need to do anything else.. :heart::heart::heart::heart:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Alot of them like stuffed animals to suck on, some shred them some are lover's. Vegas is a lover!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
They snuggle, sit on you as if they were a little 10 pound cat, are stubborn as all heck. Have found that when busting them they respond best to being sweet rather than tough for sure. lol They slobber, drool, fart.... They tend to be obsessive compulsive about random things. I mean compulsive! Cutty didnt know how to play fetch when we got him, taught him and now he is obsessed like mad. Miila... Just got her a few months ago and as it turns out she came to us with a crazy obsession of ice cubes. I mean she can be sound asleep a mile away and if you push the button to drop ice from the freezer she will attack! Crazy! Oh and they love food. hahahaha Could go on for days I think really. They are SMART! (most anyhow) lol Was having all 3 of the pups get out of the kitchen while the baby eats cuz they eat the food off her lap if they can. Miila decided to go outside and then go to the doggy door which is a foot away from the high chair and just sit waiting. Not technically breaking any rules right? lol This cracked me up.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Hmm. To add, they like to sleep, wiggle their butts when they're happy, follow you like a mad man (or woman) when they know it's dinner time, heck just follow you to the kitchen when anyone's heading there.

Last edited:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh yes! AND they have super sonic hearing and can hear a banana being peeled a mile away. Also somehow know the difference between a string cheese wrapper being opened and anything else with a similar sound. Again can hear it from a mile away. Amazing! BUT they cannot hear you when calling them. :lol:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh, they also snore even when they're half asleep and their eyes open. Fall asleep in the oddest positions. Likes to hog the couch or bed (if they're allowed on it). Will make you move from the couch or bed by laying on you so you're forced to move. Once you get comfortable on the floor since they kicked you off the couch, they'll jump off the couch and play with your hair as if it's a string toy. Hogs the comforters and pillows. Loves laying on fresh clean bedsheets or blankets and comforters. Follow you to the washroom. Makes you scratch their butts while you're in the washroom (is that tmi? lol).

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
From resent experience...taking the christmas tree for a walk :LMAO:
Nope sorry no video footage. but I think it scared her a little, cos she hasn't tried to get under the tree since.

LOL>.. that would be a great site to see

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online