update on our Echo

OP
M

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
[MENTION=657]mom2bullies[/MENTION] Thank you for the update. Does not sound too scary as long as you keep pushing back in then? How old does your vet want him to be first before surgery? I am glad it is nothing serious-- yet, is the procedure a fast and unrisky one when the time does come?

No it doesn't sound to scary....but he is so little and young....vet wants to wait as long as he can, as long as it doesn't start to close up...that is when there could be problems ...if it closes with his inside on the out side. He is talking at the most 4 months old and that is still so little to be put under.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes I would think if you could hold out as long as possible- my babies are 6 months now and seem like they are reaching full size- but yes, they are growing and changing and the immune system is possibly unstable- would not want to do anyfing either. How often do you push it in? Once a day?

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I will keep my fingers crossed that this will all get better soon. Is there a chance it will "heal" on its own? Even with a slim chance, Miracles do happen!! I will be thinking of him and give him a big kiss from Bella for me.:heart:

sunbird56

Mar 26, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
peaches, lucy, little guy
our little one has one the vet said to push it in when we're holding him . his intestine were on the outside also when born

OP
M

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes I would think if you could hold out as long as possible- my babies are 6 months now and seem like they are reaching full size- but yes, they are growing and changing and the immune system is possibly unstable- would not want to do anyfing either. How often do you push it in? Once a day?

The dr said to push it in as open as we can...when we hold him, or when we just pick him up, roll him on his back and push it in....

OP
M

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
I will keep my fingers crossed that this will all get better soon. Is there a chance it will "heal" on its own? Even with a slim chance, Miracles do happen!! I will be thinking of him and give him a big kiss from Bella for me.:heart:

As you say there are miracles, but the dr seams to think the holes are bigger then most and will not heal on their own....Charie has one too, but it is small and the dr says it is nothing to worry about.... so I am thinking it is just the size of the hole.... And I have noticed that the top hernia seams to be getting bigger rather then smaller.

OP
M

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
our little one has one the vet said to push it in when we're holding him . his intestine were on the outside also when born

Sunbird, I didn't know that, I hope your baby is doing good. Did your dr seam to think it will take care of it self? Will he need surgery later? How big is the hole? Echo's both are bigger then the size of my little finger nail.

sunbird56

Mar 26, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
peaches, lucy, little guy
little guys is about the size of a quater he seems to be doing good alot smaller than his sister and she was the runt when they were born he weighs about 22 lb and Lucy his sister is around 48 lb lol Ill try and post pic.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.