It's Official. I have a non-couch-laying dog.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Ever since we got the new couch last November 17, Bullie has refused to go on it. She even refuses to have any body part touch the sides of the couch. So, we have to put his pillow a few inches away from the couch so she'll go on it. Now my kids lay down on Bullie's pillow instead of the couch when we're watching TV to be with the dog. So, we got this giant sectional to fit kids and dogs and adults altogether and we end up with 2 adults on the giant sectional and everybody else on the floor. What a crazy thing.

1323090342.jpg

Okay, a bonus for you. I Spy a Bichon:
1323179323.jpg

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Thats funny! So what you are saying is if we want to keep our furniture fur free we all need to buy a leather couch? ;)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Poor Bullie... has to settle for just an old cushion because the Sofa Monster is going to git her if she gets too close!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That's too funny, but could be a good thing, you and hubby have a lot more room. Bullie may surprise you one day and just decide it's time to check it out. :D

LoveMyBully82

Aug 30, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
I WISH I had this problem. lol. Whenever we leave the house and Jackson is left out of his crate, he sleeps on the couches. We wouldn't have a problem with this if he didn't shed so much. Plus, you know he drools!

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, the non-couch-laying feature doesn't really solve the problem of hair and drool. With wood floors, all the shed sticks to anything but the floors, so it still ends up on the couch - although the shed doesn't stick to the leather either, so it just floats around until it gets on a blanket or your clothes. And, when Bullie does this head flipping/ear flapping thing, drool goes everywhere, including the couch.

We had to wipe drool off the TV once...

Ahh, sometimes I wonder if there's ever an end to the love we have for these guys... because, it used to be I would go psychotic over drool on the TV.... now, I just go get the clorox wipes.

:D

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i would love my dogs to hate my couch. lol actually i do like it when they lay with mommy. i think they do get mad when you replace things. reminds me of kelly and vegas and the old couch. lol. yea bullie may just decide to be with you more than hating the new couch.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Bring it on. I would LOVE it if my boys would stay off the couch. Of course I could have taught them long ago to stay off the furniture. I'm betting Bullie will change her mind and enjoy the comfort of the couch!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ahh, sometimes I wonder if there's ever an end to the love we have for these guys... because, it used to be I would go psychotic over drool on the TV.... now, I just go get the clorox wipes. :D

I am right there with you.... I am still, at time, amazed that there are dogs in my house, but I would not trade it for the world!!

Last edited:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Thats funny! So what you are saying is if we want to keep our furniture fur free we all need to buy a leather couch? ;)
Nope, although Vegas hated my guts for getting rid of the microfiber set, it took him about 24 hours to love the leather. He is right up on it with me and even without me.

[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION], that is weird, but not a bad thing!!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
So, we got this giant sectional to fit kids and dogs and adults altogether and we end up with 2 adults on the giant sectional and everybody else on the floor. What a crazy thing.
I would call that a wonderful thing. :laugh:

On a side note, I've been looking for a dark brown leather couch that's big and deep that doesn't have the armrest it the center section. Does yours have that and where'd you get it? :)

webster03

Nov 20, 2011
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Macy Elizabeth
I'd love that too! Macy loves our leather furniture and when we won't let her up on it she barks at us....lol. She doesn't know why I get so mad when i'm trying to fed Alex a bottle and she gets put down for chewing his toes. :nonono:

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
I would call that a wonderful thing. :laugh:

On a side note, I've been looking for a dark brown leather couch that's big and deep that doesn't have the armrest it the center section. Does yours have that and where'd you get it? :)

Mine is dark reddish brown, big, and deep. I'm a tiny 5-foot-nothing gal and I sink into the recliner. Mine is like a'la carte kind of thing - as in, I picked every piece to go in the sectional. So, I got 2 end-pieces (matching right and left armrests) that has the electric recliner, an armless non-reclining chair, a corner chair, and a console (has 2 cup holders and a box to hold remote controls and such). Then we just put it together like lego pieces. Once I got it situated in the house, I realized I could add one more chair so I added an armless manual recliner. We got it from Thomasville. I like it. It's just that the leather gets really cold in the morning. And it has that leather smell that I'm not fond of even after Febreze'ing it, the smell is still there. And then, of course, Bullie hates it...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online