Oct 4, 2011
20111204_110926.jpg

:nope:

RoxiBear

Jan 12, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxi Bear
Looks like cherry eye to me. My bullie had this when she was about 4-5 months old. Some are able to massage it back into place and some require surgery. Google "cherry eye" to learn more and you could do a search on here as well to see what others have done. I would call the vet tomorrow if it hasn't gone down by then. I hope this helped.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
That is clearly a Sherry eye. If it's the good kind it goes away by it self when the dog sleeps for awhile, but it can come back when the dog is in a stress. It is also possible to push it back if you are "handy" like that. If it goes in and it doesn't occur too often I don't think surgery is needed.
If it's the bad kind, it just keeps on popping out and if it doesn't go back in it can also get infected, so in tht case surgery is the only option.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep --- cherry eye, very common. Google it and talk with your vet about options, some require surgery others can be 'forced' back into place

Terry

Jan 16, 2011
Central Valley, California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubbles
Yep, cherry eye for sure, it can easily be massaged back in to place. U tube will even show you how. Bubbles pops hers from time to time and the vet showed us how to massage it in.

OP
EBDR35

EBDR35

Oct 4, 2011
Great news it went away, im thinking she got it because i made her sleep in the closet and she got all sad.. I had to since i had guest over.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=3380]EBDR35[/MENTION]

Yes..stress can cause it also. My Vegas has epilepsy...and he doesn't really care to have his blood drawn outside of the exam room. One time they came and got him and took him somewhere. It must have stressed him out..who knows what they did to get the blood. Anyways...they brought him back to me and his little eye looked 'off'. 15 mins later when I got home, he had cherry eye. I called the vet and they said to keep an eye on it and call back in a few hours. Sure enough, a few hours later is was gone. Once in awhile Vegas will be chewing on a hard squeaky and I can kinda see his eye bulging. It's kinda freaky.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online