OMG! Do all bullies sit on your feet???? or is it just mine?

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Why does Nigel sit on my foot? I thought it was just to be close to me but then I wonder if it's a power trip thing...hope someone can tell me. THX!

OP
NigelsMom

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
That's what I like then I heard something about them doing that to dominate and I wondered if I should remove my foot....I like the wanting to be close to me and keeping in touch theory. lol Thanks!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
As far as I would guess that is all it is. Cuttys breeder even mentioned that to me when we got him, how they have to be touching you. He likes to sit behind me on the couch if I am only sitting on the front part and rest his head on my back. One of my favorite things.

JRuhland21

Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Swayze
Thats funny lol Swayze love's to lay on people's feet!! I think its great keeps the feet warm ;)

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
Feet, arms, even my head and face. Ruckus is a snuggle bug and loves to cuddle up especially at bed time.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
never heard of that particular thing being a dominance thing. i think its just a bully thing. sarah loves to lay her head on my feet if she can. if im on the couch she will lay her head across whatever she can of mine. if im in the bed sometimes its my chest sometimes my legs sometimes my feet depends on where she is in the bed. unless you see some other dominating things i wouldnt worry bout it. the only thing i have stopped sarah from doing is she used to try to lick my neck. i felt this was a dominance thing so i dont allow her to do it.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I agree about wanting to be touching you except mine back up their rears to me. My husband taught them to back up to him so he could massage their backs. :D

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They do like to be touching you.

DrewP

Jul 16, 2011
Pensacola, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Hulk
Yea, I was wondering the same thing. Hulk loves to sit on my feet when I'm watching tv on the couch... or he'll sit on pretty much anyone's feet. But, he also has to be within 3 feet of me at all times... which I love. So, I figured he just likes knowing I'm there.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Nitschke was like this --- he HAD to be touching you in some way at all times. Banks -- not so much.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.