Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=1435]Teresa[/MENTION] Small world, my Lucy Lu in her third line down has Ch. Cherokee Mardel Sage and Ch. Cherokee Mardel Vincent.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION]..another one we have to "agree to disagree on"..but I REALLY wish I could introduce you to WALTER...a wonderful 4 year old Bully. He lived across the street from my daughter. Walter died at 4..unneutered..from testicular cancer. He Would most certainly be alive today if his "parents" had neutered him. They didn't want to breed him...they just "liked the way he looked". Well...that propelled Walter to an early death. His "parents" wanted to get one of Jakes brothers...but they were turned down. Seems word of Walters demise spread throughout our community. And Jakes' litter..all males..did NOT come with an agreement to neuter...You are free to take a risk..I'm more comfortable in NOT.

:peace:

How do you know he wouldn't have died of prostate cancer or bone cancer or obesity if you had him neutered? Or even died of surgical complication?

And I'd like you to meet Gizmo... my unneutered bichon frise. I'd have wanted you to meet Rash, my awesome childhood dog and unneutered mutt, but he died of old age (15 years). I'd have liked you to meet Megabyte too, my spayed German Shepherd but she died at age 4 for ingesting a frog. And there's Bandit, neutered, died of old age at 14.

Fact of the matter is - you can't apply Walter's unfortunate demise to continue spreading the unsubstantiated claim that dogs are more at health risk when unaltered.

It's the exact same situation as telling every dog to get their nose rope removed because your dog died from nose rope infection.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
How do you know he wouldn't have died of prostate cancer or bone cancer or obesity if you had him neutered? Or even died of surgical complication?

And I'd like you to meet Gizmo... my unneutered bichon frise. I'd have wanted you to meet Rash, my awesome childhood dog and unneutered mutt, but he died of old age (15 years). I'd have liked you to meet Megabyte too, my spayed German Shepherd but she died at age 4 for ingesting a frog. And there's Bandit, neutered, died of old age at 14.

Fact of the matter is - you can't apply Walter's unfortunate demise to continue spreading the unsubstantiated claim that dogs are more at health risk when unaltered.

It's the exact same situation as telling every dog to get their nose rope removed because your dog died from nose rope
infection.

I can and I will.

Casee

May 8, 2011
Tennessee
Bulldog(s) Names
Taser
I totally agree with you Anatess....also my dog has no behavioral issues, such as aggression, humping, or marking because I teach him not too....and in my opinion, If you line them side by side I can tell the difference from an intact male vs neutered(more square and muscular).... But each to their own.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I totally agree with you Anatess....also my dog has no behavioral issues, such as aggression, humping, or marking because I teach him not too....and in my opinion, If you line them side by side I can tell the difference from an intact male vs neutered(more square and muscular).... But each to their own.

I can tell too! By looking at their rear! Unless they have "neuticals". Like the show dogs!! :ROFL:

Gold bullies

Nov 27, 2011
Dayton Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Bonez, Bitzie, Brook and Bumble....not forgetting our ff Mr Burger
I have been really interested and educated reading all these replies I changed vets because every time i seen her she always asked if i was getting Bonez neutered. I just wanted to enjoy my new puppy for a little while. Now he has head tremor's i am scared stiff that if he has it done it could do more damage. I have read that some bullies started having head tremors after surgery. His temperment is great. He is so laid back, just stubborn sometimes but he is a bully !
We are thinking about getting Bitzie spayed but were thinking of doing it when she is around 24 months but still unsure when the best time is.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.