Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neuter or not to Neuter! Please help!!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Neuter or not to Neuter! Please help!!

@anatess..another one we have to "agree to disagree on"..but I REALLY wish I could introduce you to WALTER...a wonderful 4 year old Bully. He lived across the street from my daughter. Walter died at 4..unneutered..from testicular cancer. He Would most certainly be alive today if his "parents" had neutered him. They didn't want to breed him...they just "liked the way he looked". Well...that propelled Walter to an early death. His "parents" wanted to get one of Jakes brothers...but they were turned down. Seems word of Walters demise spread throughout our community. And Jakes' litter..all males..did NOT come with an agreement to neuter...You are free to take a risk..I'm more comfortable in NOT.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for all of your help! You guys know so much about this breed it is amazing. Thank you! I am on the fence with the decision right now! You are all very helpful! I will keep you updated on what I do. Either way I am sure I will be waiting till after Christmas if I do get him clipped.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Frederick (Fred)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    Well I always say it's best to neuter them. Winston is a handsome boy, and if you are not going to show him and see if he can become a champion, then he will be better off in the long run being neutered. Just my opinion.
    I totally agree ,Fred's dad is Cherokee Legend Rock look it up (BIG famous show dog ) and i could not find a good breeder for one of his pup's so i had him neuterd.
    Teresa,
    English bulldog (Fred)
    Cat (Pongo)
    B/G Macaw (KiKi)

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

@Teresa Small world, my Lucy Lu in her third line down has Ch. Cherokee Mardel Sage and Ch. Cherokee Mardel Vincent.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    @anatess..another one we have to "agree to disagree on"..but I REALLY wish I could introduce you to WALTER...a wonderful 4 year old Bully. He lived across the street from my daughter. Walter died at 4..unneutered..from testicular cancer. He Would most certainly be alive today if his "parents" had neutered him. They didn't want to breed him...they just "liked the way he looked". Well...that propelled Walter to an early death. His "parents" wanted to get one of Jakes brothers...but they were turned down. Seems word of Walters demise spread throughout our community. And Jakes' litter..all males..did NOT come with an agreement to neuter...You are free to take a risk..I'm more comfortable in NOT.

How do you know he wouldn't have died of prostate cancer or bone cancer or obesity if you had him neutered? Or even died of surgical complication?

And I'd like you to meet Gizmo... my unneutered bichon frise. I'd have wanted you to meet Rash, my awesome childhood dog and unneutered mutt, but he died of old age (15 years). I'd have liked you to meet Megabyte too, my spayed German Shepherd but she died at age 4 for ingesting a frog. And there's Bandit, neutered, died of old age at 14.

Fact of the matter is - you can't apply Walter's unfortunate demise to continue spreading the unsubstantiated claim that dogs are more at health risk when unaltered.

It's the exact same situation as telling every dog to get their nose rope removed because your dog died from nose rope infection.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    How do you know he wouldn't have died of prostate cancer or bone cancer or obesity if you had him neutered? Or even died of surgical complication?

And I'd like you to meet Gizmo... my unneutered bichon frise. I'd have wanted you to meet Rash, my awesome childhood dog and unneutered mutt, but he died of old age (15 years). I'd have liked you to meet Megabyte too, my spayed German Shepherd but she died at age 4 for ingesting a frog. And there's Bandit, neutered, died of old age at 14.

Fact of the matter is - you can't apply Walter's unfortunate demise to continue spreading the unsubstantiated claim that dogs are more at health risk when unaltered.

It's the exact same situation as telling every dog to get their nose rope removed because your dog died from nose rope
    infection.
    I can and I will.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Taser
    Likes (Received)

I totally agree with you Anatess....also my dog has no behavioral issues, such as aggression, humping, or marking because I teach him not too....and in my opinion, If you line them side by side I can tell the difference from an intact male vs neutered(more square and muscular).... But each to their own.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Casee View Post
    I totally agree with you Anatess....also my dog has no behavioral issues, such as aggression, humping, or marking because I teach him not too....and in my opinion, If you line them side by side I can tell the difference from an intact male vs neutered(more square and muscular).... But each to their own.
    I can tell too! By looking at their rear! Unless they have "neuticals". Like the show dogs!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bonez, Bitzie, Brook and Bumble....not forgetting our ff Mr Burger
    Likes (Received)

I have been really interested and educated reading all these replies I changed vets because every time i seen her she always asked if i was getting Bonez neutered. I just wanted to enjoy my new puppy for a little while. Now he has head tremor's i am scared stiff that if he has it done it could do more damage. I have read that some bullies started having head tremors after surgery. His temperment is great. He is so laid back, just stubborn sometimes but he is a bully !
    We are thinking about getting Bitzie spayed but were thinking of doing it when she is around 24 months but still unsure when the best time is.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    I can and I will.
    hee hee hee.... I love your responses!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads