HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
First off my phone has NO spell check Im sorry!

I want to get BeBe a harness but I dont want a junk one, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance :heart:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I bought one that has a very soft padding that goes under Vegas's legs and I hate it!! He hates it worse since it takes me about 4 tries to get it on right he will run to the back of his crate after the second attempt. Petsmart has a huge isle of all different kinds/colors/styles, maybe take Bebe with you and try some on her so see which one you like best.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I bought easy on harnesses for my boys at PETCO. Ruggles took right to it and with Mack I have to put his collar on first, then he steps right in the harness, then I take the collar off.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
This is the same one I got Miila but of course hers is pink with spots I think. Seems to work just fine for her. ;)

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
This is the same one I got Miila but of course hers is pink with spots I think. Seems to work just fine for her. ;)

I sent you a pm.

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Just replied. ;)

Thanks for the help :hug: do you know where a thread about dry noses is at... Im getting better at this app but somethings are hard to.do still...

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
with a dry nose you can use vaseline like some do or alot use something called snout soother that i believe can be ordered online. they say it works better than vaseline but i just rub some vaseline on sarahs nose. im looking at the martha stewart harnesses at petsmart. i like the look and feel of her harnesses and they are easy to just step into like the one i have for sarah. and i dont believe i have gotten to welcome you to the forum yet. so welcome.

Vermont Millie

May 19, 2011
Southern, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mildred (Millie, mildew, mil- a- stroni)
I bought easy on harnesses for my boys at PETCO. Ruggles took right to it and with Mack I have to put his collar on first, then he steps right in the harness, then I take the collar off.

I can't tell in your photo but do these harnesses have a plastic buckle between the right and left arm loops or is it metal? I got Millie a similar harness by Cesar Millan from Petco but the connecting buckle was plastic and she chewed it to pieces ... TWICE :cursing:. They don't carry any metal ones at Petco it seems

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
with a dry nose you can use vaseline like some do or alot use something called snout soother that i believe can be ordered online. they say it works better than vaseline but i just rub some vaseline on sarahs nose. im looking at the martha stewart harnesses at petsmart. i like the look and feel of her harnesses and they are easy to just step into like the one i have for sarah. and i dont believe i have gotten to welcome you to the forum yet. so welcome.

Thanks for the welcome and I was looking at the kong ones but not sure how easy they are to put on.... They said she did great in surgery.... Whewwww I was one scared mommy.

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
I'm not exactly sure what you are looking for but...Bubba has 2. Once I got from a smaller pet store, nylon. if you want a fancy, leather one and want to spend about 70 bucks..I got mine from the UK. I got it from dogswithstyle.com. Very heavy duty leather harness. I don't use it much. but another option...just not sure what kind you are thinking about

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
i got one at petco and it has a metal shiny clip thing no plastic, it also has a ring on the front of it so you can always hook the leash up there if he or she is a puller. its called the petmate signature adjustable harness here is the link
http://www.petco.com/product/106750...ure Adjustable Dog Harness in HOT Pink-106750

ps. we dont even have petco in canada, i went all the way to the states to get it thats how much i like it!

Last edited:

Vermont Millie

May 19, 2011
Southern, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mildred (Millie, mildew, mil- a- stroni)
@Vermont Millie The buckle is black plastic but it buckles into metal. Also the buckle is on their back when the harness is on and they can't reach it.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/petcoharness001.jpg/

thanks for the pictures! yours looks more heavy-duty to me than the one she chewed through. Ours buckled on the back like that but she somehow seems to find where I hide it. I'm going to look into this kind at a different Petco and maybe install some kind of high placed hook next to the door to hang it on... typically I place it out of reach but it only takes 3 seconds before she destroys it when I forget .

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online