My baby bully

Jpastrocky79

Sep 4, 2011
nj
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
My Rocky is 4 months now and is getting big. I am alittle worried though. He has bumps on his skin now and im not sure what to do. he isnt scratching at it at all. if anybody has any advice i would love it. but other then this issue Rocky is doing great.:bully::ROFL: DSC02681.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is a handsome boy!!

What type of bumps? Pimps, hives, dry/scaly?

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
He is beautiful!! Could you take a photo of the bumps?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Your little Rocky is a cutie. He may have gotten into something or eaten something that he is allergic too. Hard to tell without a pic of the bumps.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I'll mimic what everyone else said. Rocky is a cutie! And try to show us a pic and give a good description of the type of bumps and someone may have some experience with that same type of thing.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN. There are so many things it could be its hard for anyone to say. It could be something bit him; he ate something that didn't agree with him; his food is causing allergies; could be environmental allergies.... and on and on. Pix of the 'bumps' would help. And what food is he eating? Anything new added to his diet lately? Just give us as much info as you can and we will try to help. Thanx for joining EBN, glad to have you.

OP
Jpastrocky79

Jpastrocky79

Sep 4, 2011
nj
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
thank you everyone. its hard to get a picture with his short coat. they are small bumps,no redness nor is it itching him but there are alot of them. he is on science diet dog food for pups. but he has been on the food since birth. i will wait for any suggestions before contacting Rockys vet. DSC02874.jpg

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Hi and welcome! I'd try switching the food first, seeing that the brand is not as highly recommended here. Even if a pup has been on the food since birth, it's very possible for him to get allergic reactions to it in the future. A lot of members here have had great luck with Avoderm, Natural Balance, NVI, Fromm, etc. Remember to switch slowly though, if you do choose to switch. Our bullies have a very sensitive tummy. G'luck, hope everything works out quickly.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
thank you everyone. its hard to get a picture with his short coat. they are small bumps,no redness nor is it itching him but there are alot of them. he is on science diet dog food for pups. but he has been on the food since birth. i will wait for any suggestions before contacting Rockys vet.

Sounding more like food issue.... check out the list of recommendations in the nutrition section/thread. I'd also have the vet check it, if they are not red, but are dry (kind of like dandruff) it could be a staph infection and he need an antibiotic to treat it.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: my Jake gets little bumps..under his hair..I use maloket wipes and it clears them up quickly. Best place to start is food though. That seems to be the hardest issue to solve..but helps the most. Glad you found us!

OP
Jpastrocky79

Jpastrocky79

Sep 4, 2011
nj
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
thank you everybody. i have made him a vet appt for this afternoon and i will bring up the food question to the vet.:detective: i will keep everyone up to date as Rockys process. oh by the way everybodys bullys are 100% adorable. we are gonna take our christmas pics today with our kids and Rocky. hopefully he works with us:nervous:

OP
Jpastrocky79

Jpastrocky79

Sep 4, 2011
nj
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
:doctor: well back from the vet. doc says Rocky has a very bad skin infection. now have to take a high dose antibiotic and medicated wash. will do the trick though. thank you everyone. doc saw no signs as to why to change his food but could have been his new treats. guess what treats in the garbage. well after Rocky wakes from his nap he will be getting a 20 min bath. this will be fun. lol

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:doctor: well back from the vet. doc says Rocky has a very bad skin infection. now have to take a high dose antibiotic and medicated wash. will do the trick though. thank you everyone. doc saw no signs as to why to change his food but could have been his new treats. guess what treats in the garbage. well after Rocky wakes from his nap he will be getting a 20 min bath. this will be fun. lol

Good to hear you know what it is and how to treat it. However, read up on the food... you will be very surprised even shocked on what you will find.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
That is great news! Good thing he saw the vet and got his meds. He should be all better in a couple of days. I would still consider changing his food to a better quality. My bulldog is allergic to lamb, pork, potatoes and oats but did not know that till I got a blood allergy test done. Bulldogs can be prone to allergies and it shows up in skin issues. BTW Rocky is such a cutie!

OP
Jpastrocky79

Jpastrocky79

Sep 4, 2011
nj
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
thank youp20110930-130346.jpg and im gonna research it.

Attachments

• 2011-12-01 16.11.05.jpg
    2011-12-01 16.11.05.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.