Winston at the dog park+ a little bit of dog on dog aggression!

Winstonstudlyboy

Nov 27, 2011
Ogden, UT
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
So i took Winston to the dog park today! It seemed lie he had a blast up untill other dog's wanted to come play with him and all he wanted to do was eat them! Yes I have a problem with my bully being aggressive with other dog's. He lives with 2 other dogs that he does fine with but it seems like he just hates everything about dogs that he does not know. Does anyone have any tips or helpful information on how I can stop this issue?:bully:
IMG_0418.jpg
IMG_0427.jpg
IMG_0431.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0437.jpg
    IMG_0437.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 96

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Winston is so handsome! I don't have the experience to advise you on aggressive issues. Jake loves everybody..dog..cat..people..he just is a big lover!! I would guess a dog park isn't going to be conducive to his "problem"! I would think the dogs are a bit too social and in his face kind of thing. I would try to introduce him to dogs one on one in a calm controlled situation.with him on leash so you can correct any unwanted behavior! But..this is just what runs through my mind..I'm no expert!! He is a handsome guy though!!

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
I agree [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] I would not take him to a dog park with all dogs off leash. I think you have the right idea. Keep him on a leash so you can control him. I don't know if Winston has interacted with other dogs since he was a pup or not..it helps a lot to socialize when they're younger. Bubba has been going since he was young and no problems. Is Winston fixed? If not..that may help. Looking to get Bubba fixed soon since he spends ENTIRELY too much time licking other male dogs 'winkie' (ha ha). Even though Winston plays with your other dogs fine, if he hasn't been exposed to other dogs..he is prob not sure how to socialize. I'm no expert either..just some thoughts.

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
I'm no expert either. I don't think I would keep him on a leash while the other dogs are free at the park. The leash is an extension of you. If he senses you being uncomfortable or trying to deter him from the other dogs who are coming up to him he may get more anxious. I would try walking him where other dogs are on leash too. Use your treats( other trainers) to keep him focused on you. It may seem like forever but I think it will help break the ice.

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
[MENTION=1169]Piamitch[/MENTION] i agree. I guess I wans't clear before. Don't take him to dog park but let him socialize other places, one on one, with other dogs on leash.

OP
Winstonstudlyboy

Winstonstudlyboy

Nov 27, 2011
Ogden, UT
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Thank's for all of your suggestions haha I have him in obedience classes to "socialize" but apparently no other people signed up for the class haha so it has helped alot of thing's except his aggression.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Winston is so handsome! I don't have the experience to advise you on aggressive issues. Jake loves everybody..dog..cat..people..he just is a big lover!! I would guess a dog park isn't going to be conducive to his "problem"! I would think the dogs are a bit too social and in his face kind of thing. I would try to introduce him to dogs one on one in a calm controlled situation.with him on leash so you can correct any unwanted behavior! But..this is just what runs through my mind..I'm no expert!! He is a handsome guy though!!

excellent advice.

Also -- if you are nervous about what he 'might' do -- he will pick up on that and react based on your fear/apprehension. you need to remain calm and try to NOT send him the negative vibes.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.