Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Orion! Last night all was well. Vegas and Orion ate dinner around 8pm. We had Vegas on a leash..we had guests over and putting him on a leash keeps him from jumping on our friends. (Vegas is just crazy about our friend Michael. It's insane the way he acts around him. When Vegas was 5 months old, Michael was laying on our floor, Vegas walked up to him, straddled his leg....and marked him. Since then, Vegas LOVES Michael.) Vegas and Orion both were lounging around. Orion gets up............and her front leg (drivers side) is at an outward angle. She wasn't putting ANY pressure on it at all. I thought..."cramp, asleep" but after 1/2 hour she still wasnt using it. She was laying on her side and she would flip from left side to right side. I tried looking at her paw, but she was screaming. (poor baby thought I was going to clip her toenails) We were going to wait until morning, but she wasn't even sucking on stinky bear. She couldn't manuver her front leg to secure the bear. We decided to finally take her to the ER. They had to sedate her cause she wouldn't hold still for the xray machine. The Dr returned about 40 minutes later and said "I don't see anything wrong that would be causing her to act like this. No breaks and no fractures." He went on to explain how soft her puppy bones were still.....
Then he says "I did find something on her xray that might be of concern"
He pulls out her xray and shows me a spot on the smaller bone of her forearm. "she has a bone lesion, which is unexpected in a puppy of her age"
We are certain this was not what was causing her problems last night, apparently the lesion has calcified over? Anyways, she's walking just fine this morning, but we will have to take her back in a month to rexray her forearm. Dr wants to make sure the lesion doesn't turn into an infection. Anybody else experience "bone lesions" or know anything about them. I will post a copy of the xray when I get it (I had to carry Orion out of the office, and forgot the paperwork)

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow I don't know- I wonder if she pulled her arm out of socket playing, and the doctor moving it around put it back into place?

I have never heard of bone lesions before.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh my goodness! I have never heard of this either but isnt it funny how you would have never known if this didnt happen? Maybe she just twisted her leg or ankle enough to make it sore?

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I have a short video...I was attempting to video it for documentaion. I didn't get it well, but you can see what I mean about "outward". We felt her arms and bones before we took her in, and they felt identicle on both sides. The Dr did a skeletal exam in the waiting room and didn't mention a dislocation. He was more concerned about a fracture.
http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r278/Libra92673/?action=view&current=MVI_3542.mp4

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Hard to tell till the end where she didnt put it down on the ground. Would be so much easier if these pups werent so tough and maybe cried a bit so we knew when something was hurting them.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Oh my goodness! I have never heard of this either but isnt it funny how you would have never known if this didnt happen? Maybe she just twisted her leg or ankle enough to make it sore?

I'm sure that was it....even tho I didn't see anything like that happen. Vegas could have stepped or fallen on her leg, as he was trying to jump on the slider door to "let us know" he wanted in. She was sitting right next to him as he was doing this.....but then again, she was walking on it find after we let them in.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Hard to tell till the end where she didnt put it down on the ground. Would be so much easier if these pups werent so tough and maybe cried a bit so we knew when something was hurting them.
Amen to that! Usually I'm so good about documenting injuries and such, but I have no idea why I stopped when I did. That video doesn't even begin to show how much she was favoring it. I guess I was too worried about her......
I have all these types of things documented. I don't know if it's considered "OCD", well organized, or just plain idiotic.....but every ouchie I document.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Wow, sounds like you had quite a night. I have never dealt with a bone lesion. I'm glad it wasn't anything horrible and that Orion is feeling better this-morning! Poor baby.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Whatever you call it I say it is being a good mama. I wish I thought to do that everytime we had an injury. You are just great with your camera period, if I used mine half as much as you use yours we would be set!

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Whatever you call it I say it is being a good mama. I wish I thought to do that everytime we had an injury. You are just great with your camera period, if I used mine half as much as you use yours we would be set!
Now, the camera thing is OCD. I usually show up to work in jeans....my cell phone in one pocket and my point and click in the other. I don't know what my camera obsession is. My husband bought our first "big" camera in 2005. He was looking to take some action shots of his paintball team. I picked it up, took some shots....and the very first photo I took was of a worn down fence at a yaught club. I fell in love with the photo. I thought..."wow, if I can capture this without knowing how to use any of the buttons....it can only get better"

Off subject, but here it the photo that started it all........

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Poor Orion! Must have been a rough night for you all. I myself have never dealt with this issue. Samson broke his leg before in the joint and it needed orthopedic surgery to correct (he has a couple pins in his leg now) but obviously that much different. I'm glad she is feeling better this morning. I agree with Cali~Jenn, whatever you want to call the reasoning behind you videotaping all their injuries I think it is a great idea and you being a great bullymomma!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Thats a cool picture Libra! You are a gifted photographer!

I agree! You just have a great eye for things like that! I SO do not. I have an aunt who is the same way and can see something that we never even notice and take some of the most amazing shots. I look thru the camera and barely can see the shot of what I am trying to take which isnt exciting.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
It wasn't like that before. I sucked at photography in highschool! Recently, I just started looking at an object. Any object. It could be a chair or a cigar box or a bolt on a fence. "How can I make someone see this....someone who wouldn't look at it otherwise?" I never took any photos of my dalmatian.....except a goodbye photo. I took occasional snap shots, but I only got one that hits the emotional button. Choctaw "Chochy" passed away 3 weeks before we found Vegas. So, my facination with "painting with light" started in 2006. I enrolled in some night classes to learn the function of the buttons........an now? I still only get a few good working photos out of every 100 I take. Most of the ones I took of the babies were overexposed. I'm horrible with light....but I love it.

Buddy and Choch were our first kids. When I got married in 97, we already had our family. Buddy passed away in April 07 from cancer. Choch would cuddle with him, knowing he was sick. Sadly, Choch himself would pass away in September of 07 from cancer. Buddy was 15 and Choch was 12 1/2.

Last edited:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Oh what a beautiful picture Libra! How sad! I bet your were really close Choctaw! Seems like the dalmation owners I've known were really attached their baby. Our bookkeeper here at work is older and never had kids. Here dalmation was her baby, slept in bed with her every night, even rode with her on her jet ski!!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.