What to get a Bully that has it all?

wautersa

Aug 28, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelsea & Chuy
Any gift ideas to pass along to Santa? I have been looking at local stores and online and have yet to find something that she doesn't already have something similar. She has tuffy squeaker toys so they are still holding up, she has her antler/bullystick for chewing, bumble ball (she is afraid of), giant ball, tennis balls, interactive treat finding game, humunga tongue toy (wrapped under the tree), talking babble ball (wrapped under the tree), ...

Thanks!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
She needs a baby to sleep and cuddle with...a super large plush! I know they get chewed up too. lol

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Princess Gracie says she told her that she wants Clothing???? ;)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
How about a nice Nylabone or new Kong toy, mine love theirs.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Here's what you get. My kids love this thing so much, I got another one for them under the tree. We call it "the toothbrush bone" and both Bea and Bo love this thing. Get an extra pack of refills and you'll have chew-happy-satisified bullies for hours and hours. They like this thing MORE than antlers - and it keeps them toofies clean!

http://www.amazon.com/Premier-Busy-...RRT6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322665804&sr=8-1

What size works best for Bullies..... I think HRH NEEEDS one of those. ;)

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
[MENTION=3100]Miss Chelsea[/MENTION] just a word of caution, Mack and Chester got Humunga Tongues for Christmas when they were 2 and 1/2. Within minutes it we noticed chunks of the toys on the floor so we threw them away. Mack had a very upset stomach that night and pooped out chunks of humunga tongue. Long story short, a year later, after every test in the world off and on during that year, an xray finally picked up on a foreign object in his lower colon. He lost 5 inches of his colon thanks to a chunk of humungs tongue that couldn't make it all of the way through!

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
What size works best for Bullies..... I think HRH NEEEDS one of those. ;)

I got the "medium" one [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] because there are other toys that use the same size refills. The next one I will get them is the BOUNCY version that has a ball in the center of the toy. It doesn't, however, have lots of those "toothbrushie" type surfaces which is why I think the one I pictured is a better unit for Bo. Here it is on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KVF49Q/ref=s9_simh_gw_p199_d0_g199_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0J2S6CEE7D81YQVH05PE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

Also: I know the refills are called "rawhide" - but they're not at all like the traditional rawhide that we here at EBN do NOT give to our choke-prone bullies. It's more like a thin meaty "cookie". Bo can only get teeny TINY weeny pieces off of it - and he's a VERY AGGRESSIVE chewer.

Here's what else they're getting (below). I want to come back as one of my dogs in the next life.

It also needs to be said that whatever one gets - the other one wants THAT THING more than they want thier own thing - so everything's interchangable around here. If Bo has a piece of yarn from grandma's crochet basket - Bea MUST HAVE THAT VERY YARN. A stick off the tree in the backyard? Bea sez: "No other stick is the same as that one that Bo has right now so stop giving me these half-arsed look-alikes, Mama!" :laugh:

Bea's getting this: http://www.amazon.com/Premier-Busy-...?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1322669654&sr=1-3 She's smart and loves puzzle games like the Kong Wobbler.

Bo's getting this: http://www.amazon.com/Everlasting-T...s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1322669827&sr=1-22 - An item that I believe [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] told us about in another thread. He's going to love this!

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
I just recently got a few west paw zogoflex toys (the hurley, tux, huck, and twiz). So far they are awesome. Also the Orbee-tuff eggplant which is not as durable but smells minty and Brooke loves it too. Also got the indestructible ball and kong wobbler which are awesome but she is deathly afraid of both at home, but not when she is with her yellow lab cousins...

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION]

That's not the one I told you about. Be very careful with the treats in that one, if they are aggressive chewers they come out very easily. Then of course they want to swallow the treat whole. The one I suggested is the everlasting fun ball. This ball is green and it's a complete circle. I'm using my phone so hopefully i can attach a link. http://www.google.com/m/products/de...ptab=c&ei=Bp_WTqj-F6eaiQL2Bw&ved=0CBoQ8wIwAQ#

Last edited:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I just researched and found that you did get the fun ball (green) .

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
[MENTION=3100]Miss Chelsea[/MENTION], does Chelsea have a coat or some cozy sweaters for winter? Gracie wears something most all winter. I've made her several fleece outfits and Pet Smart has been a good source for some decent sweaters. I know from Halloween that Chelsea doesn't mind wearing clothes, and looks adorable in them.

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
I just researched and found that you did get the fun ball (green) .

Whew! Thanks for checking. With Bo there absolutely IS a choke hazzard to be concerned with. I'm glad I got the right one.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.