Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bootie dragging?

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bootie dragging?

Bella doesn't have a tail pocket, but she does have a tight tail. So she gets itchy and drags from time to time. I just make sure to get up under the tight part of her tail every day and wipe it dry. It does get moist under there. She also gets dingle berries at times and drags.......lovely I know, thank God we have hard wood floors!

Always with me

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    Miila drags her bootie like she is itchy somewhere. Anal glands are empty so that isnt it. Vet wasnt concerned by it but figured I would ask here. Could girly parts get itchy? I have no idea what she is trying to actually scratch but she is scratching something. Only sometimes but my boys have never ever dragged their butts so I am confused by this. She has no tail pocket whatsoever so that isnt it. Thoughts?
    we had this issue with Banks.... the vet gave us a powder, I think it was Neo-predef, which helped. Of course, she had a bigger issue, but this powder did lessen the itch
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

@cali~jenn yes there girlie parts can get itchy. last time sarah was in heat she kept trying to scratch something and i could not figure out what it was. i did her yeasty back i did her tp i did her booty. well i remembered a thread on here about girlie parts so i look at her folds beside the pp and she had red there. but some yeast stuff and some hydrocortisone cream and she stopped itching. also their booty can get itchy sarahs did this summer. i hope you can find out what it is. i have to bathe sarah bout once a week sometimes twice if she is itchy from her yeast. good luck hon believe me i know how ya feel.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Po
    Likes (Received)

I read somewhere that it can be worms
    Po @ 1year and 53lbs

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

I have the same problem with my BabyGirl, only she does the "twist." Her tail pocket is clean and I wash her girly parts daily. My problem is my carpet is too rough. Her girly parts kind of fold to a corner shape and that is the part that rubs on the carpet when she sits. Is it possible Miila gets irritated on a rough surface somehow?
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by VuBulldogs View Post
    I read somewhere that it can be worms
    This was my first thought but she has been to many vets since she is new here already and I see no signs of anything in her poo also. I think it must be her girly parts maybe. @cowsmom you just buy what like monistat cream (I think that is what it is called) and put it around her parts? lol Gosh girls are already so much more work than boys. haha As is true with us right?

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

yes that or generic or you can get an antifugal like clotrimazole or tolinaftate. you know for like jock itch and such works also. i have lotrimin powder that i use on it to keep it dry to. let us know how it goes.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

@cowsmom - you rule.

Bea will occasionally do something similar. Dr. Terry (Beatty) tells me that these dogs are prone to "picking up things" off of grass because of how they pee. Bea actually puts her bottom ON the ground! She doesn't hovercraft above it like a normal dog. hahahahahaha During the daily "wrinkle wipe session", I take the extra step of running an additional clean MalAcetic wipe around her girlie parts. Seems to resolve it nicely.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    @cowsmom - you rule.

Bea will occasionally do something similar. Dr. Terry (Beatty) tells me that these dogs are prone to "picking up things" off of grass because of how they pee. Bea actually puts her bottom ON the ground! She doesn't hovercraft above it like a normal dog. hahahahahaha During the daily "wrinkle wipe session", I take the extra step of running an additional clean MalAcetic wipe around her girlie parts. Seems to resolve it nicely.
    Thank you! I guess I just have to learn a new routine with Miila. You are right she is so low to the ground I think she touches even if she hovers. hahaha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads