Homemade dog Treats

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
:scared:After all the crap that's going on in the world with treats and food and yata yata yata. I'm going to start making my own dog treats. Some with peanut butter, some with liver, some with what ever the heck I feel like putting in that is healthy, but I ain't put'n no chicken in from China. If anybody has some treat recipes , I'd like you to share them. I'm thinking they would make great gifts too. :yes2:

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I think if I made some doggie treats of peanut butter and pumpkin I would eat them too. haha

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I think if I made some doggie treats of peanut butter and pumpkin I would eat them too. haha

Definitely worth a taste , I'm thinking something of a treat with a bit of liver too

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] I could not go the liver, :barf: I hate liver. :ROFL:

[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] I like your avatar, too cute.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Great idea. I was a Target yesterday getting jammies for my daughter (per her request) and I took a walk down the doggie treat aisle. Every package I picked up got put right back down for one reason or another. Chicken (which they can't have) and China being the first two disqualifiers. There wasn't ONE THING I could feel good about buying there - and so I didn't.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I dehydrate beef lung or liver for my guys. They love it, plus it's not so messy. It's similar to the freeze-dried treats you can get at the stores.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION], i've never done this...i assume you have to use a food dehydrater? i think my boys would like this.

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Good idea! Der........ I got a dehydrator and a slicer, thanks for the "earth to Sherry" moment :ashamed:
A couple years ago it was my request for Christmas. No diamonds..... nothing shiny, simple kitchen implements. Yeah. !!!:ROFL:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
@savemejeebus , i've never done this...i assume you have to use a food dehydrater? i think my boys would like this.

Yup, we got one specifically to make treats with. We haven't quite used it to make food for us humans.

What we do is cut semi-frozen liver or lung into thin pieces and leave it in the dehydrator overnight. Be careful with feeding too much liver though, they're still really rich even when dehydrated. We prefer lung because we can feed as much as we can.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online