Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what can i do to stop by bullie from shedding?

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: what can i do to stop by bullie from shedding?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    I gotta say I'm with @Davidh on this one. I was 9 in 1999, so to me much of that research is out of date. And I know that dogs came from wolves but dogs and especially bulldogs are sooo far removed, I mean they don't even reproduce on their own.
    The research in 1999? What research? Prey model dog food did not start coming out until around 1999 - that's where a lot of veterinary research pointed to TODAY's dog having carnivorous bias... and that's when you started to see a big shift in dog food ingredients to lean towards more meat, high protein.

Far removed, yes. But look at your dog. Look at its teeth. Look at its physiology. Study the biological make-up of your dog TODAY. And tell me - where in that dog you are staring at now do you see a vegetarian? What you see is a domesticated adaptable animal totally dependent on the whims of its human companion. If you feed him nothing but peas all day long, he'll eat it. Doesn't mean his physiology can support it, but he'll eat it.

But don't take my word for it. Do your research. My only request is not to get tunnel vision and look up one veterinarian from Perdue's word for it. Read as many sources as you can get your hands on and apply your logical thinking to weed out the kooks. I can't put an ounce of merit to a veterinarian researcher who thinks it's okay for dogs to be vegetarians. You got the internet. Use it.
    Last edited by anatess; 11-28-2011 at 01:41 PM.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Let me know when the 'winner' is announced.... ROFL!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    Let me know when the 'winner' is announced.... ROFL!!
    Bruce, I know you're just kidding around and I shouldn't be too serious... I guess my mother has rubbed off too much on me, I suppose. I've always thought my mother is crazy for going all-out for the welfare of dogs. All I really do is study everything for the welfare of my own pets and not everyone else's - 2 dogs, 4 birds, 2 turtles, 7 snakes, 12 fish, a colony of rats.

Unfortunately, I feel that it's not a win-or-loss for us. It's a win-or-loss for our dogs.

Okay, I really need to lighten up... @JAKEISGREAT! I can always count on you to knock me off my high horse! You'll have to do it again, girl!

And since I've totally hijacked this thread... I found this great shed/lint remover thing - it's some kind of prickly material shaped like a glove that you can put your palm in and use it to wipe down furniture/clothes/etc. You rub the surface with the glove in one direction, then you rub it the opposite direction to get rid of the shed (into a trashbin or some such) so you can use it again! Pretty nifty thing and so far, it's working.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    Bruce, I know you're just kidding around and I shouldn't be too serious... I guess my mother has rubbed off too much on me, I suppose. I've always thought my mother is crazy for going all-out for the welfare of dogs. All I really do is study everything for the welfare of my own pets and not everyone else's - 2 dogs, 4 birds, 2 turtles, 7 snakes, 12 fish, a colony of rats.

Unfortunately, I feel that it's not a win-or-loss for us. It's a win-or-loss for our dogs.

Okay, I really need to lighten up... @JAKEISGREAT! I can always count on you to knock me off my high horse! You'll have to do it again, girl!

And since I've totally hijacked this thread... I found this great shed/lint remover thing - it's some kind of prickly material shaped like a glove that you can put your palm in and use it to wipe down furniture/clothes/etc. You rub the surface
    with the glove in one direction, then you rub it the opposite direction to get rid of the shed (into a trashbin or some
    such) so you can use it again! Pretty nifty thing and so far, it's working.
    I missed ALL of this! But that's a lot of sumpin'!!!!!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    So @Jorge Rodriguez does this help your shedding problem ?????

Sherry....YOU GO GIRL!!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    I missed ALL of this! But that's a lot of sumpin'!!!!!
    Becky, you know you're not allowed to be absent on a thread that I get involved in! I'm counting on you to keep me from taking a dive off the deep end!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Becky, you know you're not allowed to be absent on a thread that I get involved in! I'm counting on you to keep me from taking a dive off the deep end!
    SISTER.....YOU are toooo late! But you can swim ....it's keeping your head out of the water that's important!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    SISTER.....YOU are toooo late! But you can swim ....it's keeping your head out of the water that's important!
    With Bullie on my back? No way! I need one of @KMARINO 's life jackets!

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member Lindathedogsmaid's Avatar
    Real Name
    Linda Parks- 360 681 5089
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pippa & Peanut
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

hey --all you folks out there--thinking I am favoring a vegetarian DIET!!!!NO NO
    not at ALL dogs need meat high percentage of meat!!!! and by adding th efruits and veggies--(if you are feeding anything BUT FROMM food)) you need to add the veggies and fruit because you are getting very little if any at all in other brands!!! BUT even Fromm,!!!!!!! for dogs WHO ARE PRONE TO STONES--AND MANY BULLDOGS ARE because they do not drink enough WATER .. and by adding veggies and fruit --you help DILUTE THE URINE--and that helps guard against STONES/CRYSTALS!!!!
    and do not think you need the whole bag of veggies.. 2 baby carrots,1/4 cup green beans-2 to 3 sprigs of asparagus!!!that much is a lot to a dog!!! the percentage of carbs to meat should be less than 25%

in summery just feed a little extra produce to help ,the urine--and produce is a good treat--much better than milk bone,pigs ears, dog biscuits, and such. thats all.
    If you have a question regarding dog food, or behavior! call or e-mail me anytime.
    Linda Parks
    360-681-5089
    bullysmum@gmail.com

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Okay, I really need to lighten up... @JAKEISGREAT ! I can always count on you to knock me off my high horse! You'll have to do it again, girl!

And since I've totally hijacked this thread... I found this great shed/lint remover thing - it's some kind of prickly material shaped like a glove that you can put your palm in and use it to wipe down furniture/clothes/etc. You rub the surface with the glove in one direction, then you rub it the opposite direction to get rid of the shed (into a trashbin or some such) so you can use it again! Pretty nifty thing and so far, it's working.

That glove thingy.....they invented that in 1999

JK
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sherry View Post
    that glove thingy.....they invented that in 1999
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    That glove thingy.....they invented that in 1999

JK

ohhhh..help me..puleeze.....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads