The ONLY bad thing about having a fenced yard

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I finally got my wish, a house with a fenced in back yard. NO MORE taking Vegas out on a leash. I walked the whole perimeter to make sure it was safe and has no escape holes when we moved in last week. I do stand on the back patio while he is out but, at night time it is so dark I loose site of him.

Now the question is...is he :poo:'ing OR just sniffing the ground like he does like a pig???? Well tonight I let him out, he was out for about 5 min, comes running to me standing on the patio, we come in and I get on the computer. First I smell a :fart:, as Joe says "fresh off a turd", and I tried to shame him (like he cares) Then....as he is sitting right beside me he cut loose the loudest :fart: I have ever heard!!

Out we go AGAIN, for about 5 min. I am pretty sure he went this time as he is laying beside me all quiet now. I have got to go get a flashlight or something that I can see what he is doing when he gets in the way back of the yard. But then again, I am positive he will let me know one way or another that he still has not :poo:!!!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hmm: you could get him his own "puplight".. Attaches to his collar and you can see him in the dark..NOW..that will take care of where his front end is...up to you to find out what the back end is doing!! :ROFL:

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], what?????? I have never heard of one of those!! He does not wear a collar outside anymore. Where do you find those? I could start putting his collar on him when he goes. But then again, he sure let me know he had not done his duty while he was sitting :fart:ing beside me earlier.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ohhh yes! Everybody uses them here! No street lights..windy roads..some of them blink..but they work great! I'll find the website..I just got an email from them! Sometimes they make the doggies eyes glow scary green! :ROFL:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
AH... the benefits of Banks being white :p

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], I don't think that would even help, we have a quarter of an acre, all fenced, for some reason Vegas likes the far right corner to do his business, at night time there is no way I can see him from the patio. I am going to look into those flashing lights that [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] mentioned.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@2BullyMama , I don't think that would even help, we have a quarter of an acre, all fenced, for some reason Vegas likes the far right corner to do his business, at night time there is no way I can see him from the patio. I am going to look into those flashing lights that @JAKEISGREAT mentioned.

Look on the hunting websites like LLBean or Bass Shop... they have them for hunting

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
oh noooo...do you think if i put one of those bad boys on jameson he would chase it? he LOVES chasing light. it would be hands free play for me!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Put a yard light up. Should have one for security anyway and you could make it a motion sensor type that would come on and go off by itself. They are cheap but need wiring.

Teresa

Oct 30, 2010
So. Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Frederick (Fred)
I always have to go out with Fred before he will poop . My Papillion is the same way .but i still like not having to walk them on a leash.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Put a yard light up. Should have one for security anyway and you could make it a motion sensor type that would come on and go off by itself. They are cheap but need wiring.

Excellent idea!

Most Reactions