"Why did you name him that?"

Gfitz911

Aug 9, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Koozer
We are a little late posting on this, but Koozer got his name from a Padres baseball player named Kevin Kouzmanoff. Whenever Kouzmanoff was up to bat, the entire stadium yelled, "KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZ". At my first game, I thought people were booing him, but my husband filled me in on the scoop. Ever since then, I loved the name for a bulldog. Koozer's nickname is "Monster" for obvious reasons.

Sep 3, 2012
Lawrence, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Dent
When we got Roxy, we'd thought about changing her name because she came from a bad situations and her old owners were pieces of :poo: to put it mildly... but we actually liked the name Roxy, and it seemed to fit her.

However, it's of course evolved into various nicknames such as Roxy Wrinkle, Roxana Dutchess of Toofington, The Foxy Miz R., Foxy Roxy, FoofooButter and Foofoo Dog. (Don't ask me where the last two came from, because I have no idea. :p)

TandVsMom

Jun 26, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus and Bubbers
Sir Maximus Hector...the kids and I debated. I wanted Hector. They wanted Maximus. Whenever we were discussing names, if he heard one of us say "Max," he'd come running, or he'd sit up and look at us. He knew his name before we did. :D

mc68mc

Sep 11, 2012
Columbia Mo area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
when we got APRIL she had just gotten back to her breeder from a bad home - We helped rescue her and were going to change her name to Mabel -but then we found out she was born on 04-01 APRIL FOOLS DAY ! so we left it at April and have not looked back -she is so much a part of our family it is not funny!!!! 2012-10-15_14-06-10_82.jpg

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
We had Bacon named long before we even met him, one because I love Bacon, and two because everyone loves Bacon............and now they can love a furry Bacon as well as tasty bacon

BTW this thread is frickin awesome

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
Chunk is named for the chubby awkward kid in the Goonies ... and it's so very appropriate!! When he does his so happy to see you wiggle dance, we call that his truffle shuffle, hence MY username

OP
NigelsMom

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
I love the longevity of my thread and reading everyone's stories on how they chose to name their babies is so heartwarming.
Thank you all for sharing your story and participating. You made this thread a success!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I had my name picked out about two years before I got Ftse in case I was ever lucky enough to be owned by EBD.

I chse it from the stock exchange as I would watch the stock exchange each morning before going to work and I like the sound of the FTSE 100 pronounced as Footsie I told Richard I have my name now I need my Bullie, like that was going to happen he would say I was always looking on the internet for breeders even when I was in the USa I would look in the papers etc and on Christmas Eve 2011 there was an add in our local paper with white EBD for sale I arranged to go and see them, they were cute but did not look pure breed and they nothing to prove they were and honestly I looked and thought yeah nice but not for me, that day I was so determeined to fine one I got on the internet and at 8pm that night I cam across a breeder who had some puppies there was three left to pick from and I look at the first two and thought no and then then next one I looked and said to Richard I have found Ftse and he paid the deposit to hold him and we went down to see him 6 hours away, I did even need to see him I had finally found my Bullie and it has been love ever since and when she asked me what am I going to name hime I said Ftse and she said what how do you pronounce it so his registered Pedigree name is
PHATAZBULLZ FTSEMYGOODLUCKBOY and he lives up to his name and of course I could have bought a heap of shares from the stock exchange for what he has cost us.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Oh I forgot to put as it is from the British Stocks I thought is was so appropriate for a EBD'S name (FTSE)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.