NigelsMom

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
I just want to thank everyone for participating on my thread I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I love everyone's stories of how their bully's name came to be. Everyone has gorgeous bullys! I love them all..Thx again.

msandoval

Oct 25, 2010
Currently San Diego and Portland in 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie and Winnie
Maggie: She was the first bully we adopted. She did not come with a name so we named her Margaret but Maggie for short. The name came about because she licks her mouth nonstop and reminded us of the character Margaret McPhoyl from It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia who also licks her mouth non stop.

McKenna aka Winnie: We just adopted a new bully into our family (as of last week). She is currently named McKenna but it is not a name I personally like so we are renaming her Winnie as in my husband's childhood crush Winnie Cooper.

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
1) ALDO well, my girls' names are Alana and Alexia, both start with AL so I wanted a name that was cute AND also started with AL like the girls.. I thought they would go GREAT together..
2) KATARA well, I then decided I wanted a little friend for Aldo, and I thought about another AL name, but it was just too much, and TOO MUCH of a good thing is NOT GOOD.. it would have been tacky at this point.. So, we chose Katara after a very cool character in the cartoon and movie the LAST AIRBENDER.. she is a smart and poised young lady that is also very strong and talented... just like my little dog

thekidsmama

Jan 12, 2011
Port Charlotte Fl.
Bulldog(s) Names
Belleau Wood
Belleau Wood Rose got her name, because I grew up in the Marines and married into the Navy. I wanted something that was girlish but also a symbol to the Corps. So I put my hubby in charged and while I was driving and Belleau sat in his lap he started saying names and when he said Belleau Wood she licked him and I said that was it. I added Rose for my English Bulldog as a kid which was named Rosie Madonna of Lords. (My dad chose that)

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
My name story is quite boring. Since the day I began dreaming of an english bulldog I had names picked out - Otis for a boy and Reagan for a girl - no real reason for either. Then when I met my boy for the first time, he really did look like an Otis to me (maybe because it was imbedded in my brain) and so there he was Otis Anthony Abbott - Anthony which is my sons middle name.

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
I'm bad with naming my babies so I ask on ebn for help. libra926 came up with Chaos, which fit his personality perfect. I loved it but the hubby wanted him to be named Tyson so his name is Ayers Tyson Chaos. Now our new bullie baby, I wanted to name. She's been home a week and 4 days. I named her Darci June but I don't really like it when I call her.....so she's nameless :ashamed: I want her to have a bully name, nothing common. If she was a boy I'd name her bruiser, pork chop, or meatball..... But I just can't come up w a girl name. Guess we will see.

KelseyandAtticus

Aug 8, 2012
Athens, West Virginia, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Atticus
It was between Seamus (chris's choice) and Atticus( my choice). To kill a mockingbird is my favorite book and Chris likes Seamus bc it's a " good, strong, Irish name" his words not mine lol. We finally settled for Atticus bc Chris is still hoping I'll let him name our skin kid Seamus....idk where Bernard came from, but it rounds out his monogram nicely...this s the South after all... So we have Atticus Bernard McCoy! We call him Atty which wasn't so great in hindsight bc people think he's a girl...we tried cus but it just didn't have the same ring to it...most of the time I just call him Bubba or Atty Bear... I'm trying to talk Chris into getting Atticus a sister and I want to name her Topanga!

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
We got the name Rumble from the Oklahoma City Thunder's mascot named Rumble. We are huge Thunder fans and thought Rumble would be perfect for our little man who would snore and fart! After learning about his personality a little more it was clear that he needed a longer and more distinguished name so we started to call him Sir Rumble. After we found out how much bigger he was than some of the other bulldogs his age and how he likes to snort like a pig we began to call him Sir Rumble Pig. Then add on our last name and we now have Sir Rumble Pig Peterson. It is a mouthful so he answers to just about any combination of the above and of course Rumble for short. And of course a picture of Sir Rumble sleeping the other day where he decided to stick his tongue out!

555062_790648487271_1808651918_n.jpg

Henry

Feb 10, 2013
NH/MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
Henry got his name out of the blue. He came out of an emergency situation where we were asked to foster him until he was old enough to be placed in a proper home. He came to us with no name and nothing really came to mind on what to call him at first. We nicknamed him Jitterbug, because he would jet and bolt back and forth as fast as lightning when he played, literally jumping up and bouncing around all over the place with no real direction!, He kind of did his own thing. We were even worried he may be deaf or partially deaf because nothing phased him. No response to any loud noises. Anyway, to make a long story short, he came running out of the bathroom with the end of the toilet paper roll, through the kitchen to where I was getting dinner ready and out of my mouth I yelled "HENRY!!" and he skidded to a stop and rolled head over heals in his tracks. I don't even know why I screamed that name out, but for the first time he actually responded! So there it was, his name was to be Henry.

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
We had the name Meeko before we had him. Its from the disney film 'pocohontus' its the raccoons name and i loved it and always swore my next animal would be named it... Then our bully baby came along and true to my word i named him Meeko.
I love unusual names :-) x

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
We kept Mabel's name after we adopted her. This little dog hasn't had a great life as breeding stock. I don't know who gave her the name, but a friend told me it stands for "mothers always bring enough love." When I heard that I decided it would stay her name.

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
What a great thread! Love all the stories!
Before Bogey came into our lives, I had a ceramic statue of a bulldog puppy that I had named "Double Bogey" because I was just learning golf and that was the story of my life (well it was more like triple and quadruple bogeys but that did not sound like a name). So, after having my "stone" pet for a year, it was time for a real one! My golf game improved, thus the name Bogey. (For all non-golfers- that is when you hit one stroke over par on any hole.) His official name is Bogart McCloud (my two bullmastiffs each had a last name of McCloud, so we continued the tradition). We only call him Bogart when his evil alter ego surfaces (usually once or twice a day!)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online