"Why did you name him that?"

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Wow i love this thread! So interesting.

I name my boy boomer since i fell in love with an english bulldog named booboo and he's inspired me to finally get one! I try to look for other names but boo just stuck in my head. I actually saves money to get him by putting it in a glass jar and wrote booboo jar on it.

Boo Boo is a cute name for a cutie.
How about some new pix? Haven't seen any new ones recently

loonatic8

Oct 10, 2011
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
BooBoo
This is a couple pics of boo.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322228617.919862.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322228617.919862.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 56
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322228656.957365.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322228656.957365.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 58

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] - When I learned that Bo and my Mable were 'related' - I saw it as a cosmic ocurrence, destined by the gods or something. Cindy @ CBRR made a "you're nuts lady" face at me. hahahahahaha Love that you have a Beefeater in your family! They really have some awesome dogs.

[MENTION=4]Lindathedogsmaid[/MENTION] - hats off to you for having THREE BABIES at once! Holy crap! Love the crib idea - economical too. By the way, I have a framed print on the wall in here of that picture you are using for your avatar. I got that print many years before I was able to have an English Bulldog of my own... it sustained me until the real fur came thru the door. heh heh

hooligan

Sep 27, 2011
I wanted my bulldog to have a proper English name. Brixton is a district in London which has had several infamous riots including the 2011 riots. Hamilton is just a very British sounding name, and Cuthbert is my last name which is Scottish. So Brixton Hamilton Cuthbert is about as British as it get's.

-Loki

BiggieSmalls

Sep 20, 2011
Montreal, Quebec (Canada)
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie Smalls, Jack, Chubby, Doris, Molly, Jackie, Cloé, Maya, Mathilda, Becky
cool thread. Biggie Smalls is named after famous deceased rapper Christopher Wallace aka Notorious B.I.G. aka Big Poppa aka Frank White but bka Biggie Smalls. Also it's a pretty cool name for a short stocky dog. Biggie Smalls... lol

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
cool thread. Biggie Smalls is named after famous deceased rapper Christopher Wallace aka Notorious B.I.G. aka Big Poppa aka Frank White but bka Biggie Smalls. Also it's a pretty cool name for a short stocky dog. Biggie Smalls... lol

I had an idea that's what you did... it's a great name for a bulldog!

[MENTION=3327]hooligan[/MENTION] - we've not seen a pic of little Brix lately!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
2 and a half years ago, Sept. 5, Joe and I eloped to Vegas without either family knowing (we had only known each other 5 months) Joe ask me what I wanted for a wedding gift. An English Bulldog!!!! 5 weeks after we eloped we adopted Vegas!!!!

Wilson was the name our breeder gave him. After trying about 100 other names Wilson just stuck so we kept it at that - he just seemed like a Wilson to us. His registered name is Sir Wilson NOA Abbiati. NOA stands for the first initials of our other boys, Nitro, Orion & Ace. Nitro and Orion have sense passed on to Rainbow Bridge.

Last edited:
OP
NigelsMom

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
OMG that is so funny cause I would sometimes call Nigel that now and again...along with so many other nicknames like Mr. Bigstuff, Wiggles (cause of that bulldog sway when they walk), and of course luvbug lol Great looking Bully you have as well! Thx for participating on my thread :D

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
[MENTION=1498]linda[/MENTION]thedogsmaid, funny you mention cribs. I have a pac n play for babysitting my niece that unzips on one side. Can't leave it unzipped because ruckus LOVES it in there!!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322912814.820468.jpghad to share this pic.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
@linda thedogsmaid, funny you mention cribs. I have a pac n play for babysitting my niece that unzips on one side. Can't leave it unzipped because ruckus LOVES it in there!!View attachment 14379had to share this pic.

What a great pic of Ruckus!!! And it looks like he belongs in there.... well, actually he does belong in there,, It is his, just ask him ;)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
2piamitch.... Exactly!!.... and I'll bet Ruckus knows those rules quite well. ;)

Vermont Millie

May 19, 2011
Southern, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mildred (Millie, mildew, mil- a- stroni)
I love this thread!
During the 2 day drive from Vermont to Kentucky to pick up our bully we brainstormed and finally chose the name Dottie. We probably spent a whole day then coming up with other potential nicknames stemming from Dottie. We arrived in Kentucky and immediately found out that our bully's mom was named... Dottie. It just didn't seem right to name them the same thing so we figured the next best old-fashioned female name had to be Mildred. Most people call her Millie but I actually call her Mildew because I'm convinced her face almost always looks like she smells something bad :lol:.

DrewP

Jul 16, 2011
Pensacola, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Hulk
I decided to go with Hulk, because 1) one of my childhood heroes and greatest wrestler of all time is Hulk Hogan and 2) I thought it was a very fitting name for a Bulldog.

Tiffany B

Mar 7, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Rollie and Cash
We rescued/ but not a normal rescue from a shelter, saying this we paid as much for Rollie as we would have a puppy, he was 2. But worth every penny! His real name is Rolex, who names a dog after a watch.. We soon found out that he was very expensive ( many vet trips/surgeries) and the name kinda fit him. hmm me and my husband couldn't call him that for long.. We changed it. Winston was an adult too, so we kept his name.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.