"Why did you name him that?"

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Along with the how much did you pay for Nigel question - I also get asked 'why did you name him that'? So I thought it would be fun to share our stories of how we came to name our bullies the way we did.

Nigel Wentworth Sinclair: He was always going to be named Nigel Sinclair just because it had a British feel to it...but when I watched 'Prison Break' I fell in love with the actor Wentworth Miller and decided to add that as his middle name. So that's how he became my Nigel Wentworth Sinclair :D

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
Gregory is named after his grandfather. At first it was sir gregory and intended as a joke, but then it stuck. Sometimes it gets confussing because my dad also takes his two dogs to the same vet.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Nitschke was named after 'Ray Nitschke' of the 1960's Green bay Packers. Banks is named after 'Ernie Banks' of the Chicago Cubs

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
2 and a half years ago, Sept. 5, Joe and I eloped to Vegas without either family knowing (we had only known each other 5 months) Joe ask me what I wanted for a wedding gift. An English Bulldog!!!! 5 weeks after we eloped we adopted Vegas!!!! :heart:

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[QUOTE[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION];123799]2 and a half years ago, Sept. 5, Joe and I eloped to Vegas without either family knowing (we had only known each other 5 months) Joe ask me what I wanted for a wedding gift. An English Bulldog!!!! 5 weeks after we eloped we adopted Vegas!!!!]

THAT IS BEYOND SWEET!!!

Last edited:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Gracie came to rule here as a retired 'working girl'. Her name was Gracie.... booooooooring!!!. As her temperament evolved it was evident she was no ordinary Gracie and since she obviously ruled her kingdom her name also evolved into: Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie.............. or: HRH for short!!! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I love to hear these stories :). Mine are soooo obvious lol. Gator is Gator because my husband went to UF and is a huge Gator fan. My little daughter actually said we should call him that. I call him Gator Ray, hence my screen name. Then when we got Gyps, the only way I could talk him into getting her was to give him naming rights and it is just the name he picked. boring! lol But I call her Gypsy Rose

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well Buddy's AKC name is "Texas' Star One of a Kind" aka Buddy Boy. I keep calling him "my little buddy" so Buddy Boy just stuck. He was Lucy's only pup, so that's how he got the "one of a kind" and he lives up to it too, because he is a one of a kind great boy. The girls, we just kept their AKC names that the breeder we bought them from had named them. Lucy is "Phenix's Lucy Lu", BeBe is "Little Ponds Bella BeBe" which when we registered her we had to change to "Phenix's Bella BeBe, and Sexy Girl is "Phenix's She's so Sexy".

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hmm: well..Jakes name was the final choice of a 200..yes..that's right ..200 name list my granddaughter wrote up! :bang: in fact..:shhhh: don't tell her..WE added Jake in the middle of the list! But she thinks she picked it! And Jake IS Great! :yes:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well my story is not as exciting. we had picked sarah up from his friend and she was in horrible shape. he drove and i rode with her on my lap as she weighed 27 pounds then. we were mulling over names as her name was angel but she didnt even know it. he said name her hope as she has hope now. i said yea thats pretty good. as i mulled over that name and i sat with her on my lap we bonded somewhat. she looked at me and i knew her name was sarah. didnt come from any family nothing just out of the air from her to me. her middle name is hope so he had a hand in her name to. and sarah hope was born on that car ride.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
well my story is not as exciting. we had picked sarah up from his friend and she was in horrible shape. he drove and i rode with her on my lap as she weighed 27 pounds then. we were mulling over names as her name was angel but she didnt even know it. he said name her hope as she has hope now. i said yea thats pretty good. as i mulled over that name and i sat with her on my lap we bonded somewhat. she looked at me and i knew her name was sarah. didnt come from any family nothing just out of the air from her to me. her middle name is hope so he had a hand in her name to. and sarah hope was born on that car ride.

That is a great story!

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Mystory isn't too interesting either. Shoot, we had our bullies names picked out way before we had kids. Winston was Sir Winston Alexander.
Matilda looked just like her momma so we called her Mommas Madame Matilda.

OP
NigelsMom

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
I love hearing everyone's stories...I just love how much everyone adores their bullies. Thank you so much for taking a moment to reply to my thread...

BTW my female was named Karly Isabella Sinclair - Karly after my son's favorite Japanese singer Sinclair to match Nigel's last name and Isabella so that her initials would be K.I.S. and go with her heart on her pattern.

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
All your stories are great. We kept Ruckus's name when we adopted him. I felt so bad that his family was giving him up, and other than a crate that was too small, a travel water bowl, and very few puppy teethers I felt his name was the only thing that was really his. We didn't want him to have to adjust to a new name on top of a whole new family.

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Coming about Tubs' name was difficult. Even though he is "technically" my daughter's dog I had to like the name too. I kept throwing names out there and my daughter didn't like any of them. On the way up to the breeders when he was 2 weeks old we came up with Shortstack. I loved that name and that is what we told the breeder his name was going to be. After a little while my daughter was having second thoughts. We looked online for bully names and she put a couple of name together that she found and we got Tubs' full name of: TWO TON TUBS!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.