Thread: "Why did you name him that?"

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: "Why did you name him that?"

Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    2 and a half years ago, Sept. 5, Joe and I eloped to Vegas without either family knowing (we had only known each other 5 months) Joe ask me what I wanted for a wedding gift. An English Bulldog!!!! 5 weeks after we eloped we adopted Vegas!!!!
    Wilson was the name our breeder gave him. After trying about 100 other names Wilson just stuck so we kept it at that - he just seemed like a Wilson to us. His registered name is Sir Wilson NOA Abbiati. NOA stands for the first initials of our other boys, Nitro, Orion & Ace. Nitro and Orion have sense passed on to Rainbow Bridge.
    Last edited by JeannieCO; 11-27-2011 at 10:22 AM.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel Wentworth Sinclair & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

OMG that is so funny cause I would sometimes call Nigel that now and again...along with so many other nicknames like Mr. Bigstuff, Wiggles (cause of that bulldog sway when they walk), and of course luvbug lol Great looking Bully you have as well! Thx for participating on my thread

Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus
    Likes (Received)

@lindathedogsmaid, funny you mention cribs. I have a pac n play for babysitting my niece that unzips on one side. Can't leave it unzipped because ruckus LOVES it in there!!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1322912814-820468-jpghad to share this pic.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Piamitch View Post
    @linda thedogsmaid, funny you mention cribs. I have a pac n play for babysitting my niece that unzips on one side. Can't leave it unzipped because ruckus LOVES it in there!!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1322912814-820468-jpghad to share this pic.

What a great pic of Ruckus!!! And it looks like he belongs in there.... well, actually he does belong in there,, It is his, just ask him

Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    What a great pic of Ruckus!!! And it looks like he belongs in there.... well, actually he does belong in there,, It is his, just ask him
    What's yours is mine, what's mine is mine!! LOL!!

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

2piamitch.... Exactly!!.... and I'll bet Ruckus knows those rules quite well.

Real Name
    Katie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mildred (Millie, mildew, mil- a- stroni)
    Likes (Received)

I love this thread!
    During the 2 day drive from Vermont to Kentucky to pick up our bully we brainstormed and finally chose the name Dottie. We probably spent a whole day then coming up with other potential nicknames stemming from Dottie. We arrived in Kentucky and immediately found out that our bully's mom was named... Dottie. It just didn't seem right to name them the same thing so we figured the next best old-fashioned female name had to be Mildred. Most people call her Millie but I actually call her Mildew because I'm convinced her face almost always looks like she smells something bad .

Bulldog(s) Names
    Hulk
    Likes (Received)

I decided to go with Hulk, because 1) one of my childhood heroes and greatest wrestler of all time is Hulk Hogan and 2) I thought it was a very fitting name for a Bulldog.

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member Tiffany B's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rollie and Cash
    Likes (Received)

We rescued/ but not a normal rescue from a shelter, saying this we paid as much for Rollie as we would have a puppy, he was 2. But worth every penny! His real name is Rolex, who names a dog after a watch.. We soon found out that he was very expensive ( many vet trips/surgeries) and the name kinda fit him. hmm me and my husband couldn't call him that for long.. We changed it. Winston was an adult too, so we kept his name.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nigel Wentworth Sinclair & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I just want to thank everyone for participating on my thread I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I love everyone's stories of how their bully's name came to be. Everyone has gorgeous bullys! I love them all..Thx again.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie and Winnie
    Likes (Received)

Maggie: She was the first bully we adopted. She did not come with a name so we named her Margaret but Maggie for short. The name came about because she licks her mouth nonstop and reminded us of the character Margaret McPhoyl from It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia who also licks her mouth non stop.

McKenna aka Winnie: We just adopted a new bully into our family (as of last week). She is currently named McKenna but it is not a name I personally like so we are renaming her Winnie as in my husband's childhood crush Winnie Cooper.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
    Likes (Received)

1) ALDO well, my girls' names are Alana and Alexia, both start with AL so I wanted a name that was cute AND also started with AL like the girls.. I thought they would go GREAT together..
    2) KATARA well, I then decided I wanted a little friend for Aldo, and I thought about another AL name, but it was just too much, and TOO MUCH of a good thing is NOT GOOD.. it would have been tacky at this point.. So, we chose Katara after a very cool character in the cartoon and movie the LAST AIRBENDER.. she is a smart and poised young lady that is also very strong and talented... just like my little dog

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads