Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "Why did you name him that?"

Real Name
    Lucie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Liz and Amy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: "Why did you name him that?"

Liz was named Princess Lea by her breeder. We wanted her to have an English name so we thought was was more English than Elizabeth? I didn't know what else to name her, but thought since she was so beautiful she should be named after Elizabeth Taylor who had recently passed. So her AKC name is Princess Elizabeth Rosemond after Elizabeth Rosemond Taylor.

Amy was adopted from a family who could not keep her. They called her Roxy. We were trying to think up a famous Roxy, but decided that that name didn't suit her as it is kind of racy. Although technically, Amy is a humper. Anyway, she is quite fearless and intrepid so we named her Amy after Amelia Mary Earhardt. She is not AKC, but ACA or something like that. I still don't know how to register her. She didn't seem to have any trouble at all adjusting to the new name or her new family. I think its because she loves Liz so much!
    Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend. ~Corey Ford

Bulldog(s) Names
    Macy Elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

Erin finally picked out the name Macy after my husband suggested it. She made her middle name the same as hers which is elizabeth. My middle name is beth so we named our daughter erin elizabeth. Lots of beths in our house...lol.

Snowy because she is all white

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member Lindathedogsmaid's Avatar
    Real Name
    Linda Parks- 360 681 5089
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pippa & Peanut
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

well-- my three rescued English Bulldog pups at 12 weeks , had been born on Christmas day,, SO-----
    Santa's Sunshine Tommy------------you are my sunshine
    Izabella's Christmas-----------------Santa is is coming to town
    Jingle bells baby doll Susy ------------jingle bells-----------

all three had their own songs that I sang for each of them often,
    and I wanted to have user friendly crates-----------so I went to yard sales-and for 25.00 each I bought 3 cribs!!
    they were big enough to put food dish, water dish. toys, and still have room to play, the crib sheets are 25 cents each @ second hand stores. the slip off easy to wash.----I took off the metal slide rods on the front of the crib, added a 1x1 bar across the front , to hang the front slide panel on , and by day I simply lifted off the front panel and had 3 day beds!!------------------they were not closed in --the dogs could see each other --and the loved them, and they were EASY TO KEEP CLEAN!!!!!!
    If you have a question regarding dog food, or behavior! call or e-mail me anytime.
    Linda Parks
    360-681-5089
    bullysmum@gmail.com

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dexter & Honey Rose
    Likes (Received)

We had another name for Dexter but after getting him home and watching him kill every toy he had within 1/2 hours we named him Dexter after the T.V series and we called our little girl Honey as she is the sweetest nature puppy anyone could wish for .

Bulldog(s) Names
    BooBoo
    Likes (Received)

Wow i love this thread! So interesting.

I name my boy boomer since i fell in love with an english bulldog named booboo and he's inspired me to finally get one! I try to look for other names but boo just stuck in my head. I actually saves money to get him by putting it in a glass jar and wrote booboo jar on it.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by loonatic8 View Post
    Wow i love this thread! So interesting.

I name my boy boomer since i fell in love with an english bulldog named booboo and he's inspired me to finally get one! I try to look for other names but boo just stuck in my head. I actually saves money to get him by putting it in a glass jar and wrote booboo jar on it.

Boo Boo is a cute name for a cutie.
    How about some new pix? Haven't seen any new ones recently

Bulldog(s) Names
    BooBoo
    Likes (Received)

This is a couple pics of boo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbytapatalk1322228617-919862-jpg   -imageuploadedbytapatalk1322228656-957365-jpg  

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

@Davidh - When I learned that Bo and my Mable were 'related' - I saw it as a cosmic ocurrence, destined by the gods or something. Cindy @ CBRR made a "you're nuts lady" face at me. hahahahahaha Love that you have a Beefeater in your family! They really have some awesome dogs.

@Lindathedogsmaid - hats off to you for having THREE BABIES at once! Holy crap! Love the crib idea - economical too. By the way, I have a framed print on the wall in here of that picture you are using for your avatar. I got that print many years before I was able to have an English Bulldog of my own... it sustained me until the real fur came thru the door. heh heh

I wanted my bulldog to have a proper English name. Brixton is a district in London which has had several infamous riots including the 2011 riots. Hamilton is just a very British sounding name, and Cuthbert is my last name which is Scottish. So Brixton Hamilton Cuthbert is about as British as it get's.

-Loki
    *disclaimer*
    If you decide that you want to fallow any training advice that I give please take the due diligence to inform yourself on the proper techniques and methods for safe and humane use of the products that I recommend. Find a good local trainer that can help teach you how to implement these tools and crate a better bond between you and your loved furry family.

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Biggie Smalls, Jack, Doris, Molly, Jackie, Clo, Bertha, Mathilda
    Likes (Received)

cool thread. Biggie Smalls is named after famous deceased rapper Christopher Wallace aka Notorious B.I.G. aka Big Poppa aka Frank White but bka Biggie Smalls. Also it's a pretty cool name for a short stocky dog. Biggie Smalls... lol

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BiggieSmalls View Post
    cool thread. Biggie Smalls is named after famous deceased rapper Christopher Wallace aka Notorious B.I.G. aka Big Poppa aka Frank White but bka Biggie Smalls. Also it's a pretty cool name for a short stocky dog. Biggie Smalls... lol
    I had an idea that's what you did... it's a great name for a bulldog!

@hooligan - we've not seen a pic of little Brix lately!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads