vacuum

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I wanted to know if anyone has a great vacuum they can recommend. I have been in my house for 4 years and I have been through 2 vacuums already and the one I have now isn't doing its job anymore! One time it wasn't working and I realized it was clogged with....you guessed it......dog hair. I took it apart and cleaned it all out. It worked well for a little while after that and now it isn't working well at all. It also lost its self-propelled abilities. I don't mind paying a decent price for a good vacuum, I just need something that is going to last more than 2 years and something that is great for picking up the dog hair. The one I have now was phenomenal when I first got it, but now it isn't sucking up anything. I don't want to be paying a couple hundred bucks every couple of years. Any suggestions would be great! :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I've been through so many vacuums ..it's like a sickness with me! I gave up on the bagless ones..although I love the convenience..I just wasn't happy! My last 2 have been Orecks. I'm very pleased..but you do need bags. My daughter loves her Dyson too. We bought the animal one..used it for 2 days..and just felt it was too big for us. But heard great things about them for sure! :bang: who would've thought something like a vacuum could cause angst?? :hahaha:

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
We have had our Dyson Animal for 8 years... Still works like new. It's true that it doesn't lose suction, and no bags to worry about, and not sure if it has a belt, but I never had to replace one. If it ever dies, I would replace it with a Dyson

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i have heard great stuff about dyson vacuums although never used one. i have a navigator lift away. its like a dyson only cheaper. picks up very well and makes the house smell good for a few days.

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Thanks all for the info. My parents have a Dyson, but when I saw my dad using it the other day I asked him how it was holding up because they have had it for a while. He said it was working OK. Since they have had it for a while I am sure the technology is better. I am home from work sick today, so I will do some research! :)

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
I owed a Dyson for 7 yrs and it worked 110 % all the time daily , everything is on the machine that you need all the time. and I just had to sell it in a garage sale to move into an senior apartment. and I will buy another one soon!!!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I know dysons are great! But when I was searching for a good vacuum that was a little higher than I wanted to pay so I shopped around and read reviews. Ended up getting a bissel heppa something or other. It is bagless and after having it for maybe 5 years it still works GREAT!!!!! First vacuum ever I have not broken or clogged after 2 years. Has incredible power. The only 2 complaints I remember it having back when I bought it were 1. It is very heavy, no biggy I figure it is some exercise. lol And 2. the cord is not smooth. lol When you go to wrap it around the vacuum it is kinda rough. Oh big deal there. lol Anyhow I do highly recommend this one to anyone who cant afford the dyson. :D

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We have a central vac in our house with hind-a-way hoses and love it. All the noise, dust, and smell go outside.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
We have a Dyson and like it but, for that much money they could have made the cord retract.... just saying. ;) Also, I read a professional comparison to the Kirby and the Dyson didn't stand up to the Kirby.... but the Dyson is a lot less than the Kirby too.... like half as much if I remember right.
Lari's sister has some sort of vacumn that you put water in and she loves it. Supposed to be the best but big $$$$$. I think the name was Rainbow but Im not sure now.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
DYSON ANIMAL!!! I have had it for 6 years and still runs and works great.

Tiffany B

Mar 7, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Rollie and Cash
i have heard great stuff about dyson vacuums although never used one. i have a navigator lift away. its like a dyson only cheaper. picks up very well and makes the house smell good for a few days.

I have the shark navigator lift away, too. We just got it a few weeks ago, after lots of research. I love it! And I wish we had gotten it sooner.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online