looking to rescue a bulldog

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
I sadly had to put my big English boy , down recently due to an illness. But this year I moved into some senior apartments rather than my house,SO I am looking to rescue a French Bulldog because of the size!! I know this site is English but if your like me I have had both types, and often know folks who also have both types.

I would rather like an older dog, and one that is not likely to be adopted by other folks, handicapped in one way or another, deaf , blind, wheelchair bound, spina bifida, a senior dog would be fine, it just needs to be able to get along with other dogs as I must walk down the halls to go outside, for potty breaks, but plan to have a pet loo for emergencies too.
I will appreciate any help, finding a sweet tempered French Bulldog.

Linda Parks
360-504-2813
or [email protected]

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
hello linda! im so sorry for your loss, i would check out french bulldog rescue network. They are amazing, they have all sorts of ages of dogs and they also do not limit the area they adopt to. As long as you can pay for transportation or go get the little guy/girl they will adopt anywhere in the states and canada. Good luck!

OP
L

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
wow A Canuck !! ( that is said with the up most fondness) I love it , I was in BC for 16 years, and drove snow plow back in the 80's. my middle daughter works for BC hydro in Victoria.
I am very familiar with FBRN, sadly some times they take years to get a dog adopted. the process is SO slow, because every adoption must be OK'd by the board.and probably a unanimous vote! one never gets a reply to any application that I ever heard about.. the may be a great rescue -the biggest or whatever. I have heard so much frustration from other bulldog folks regarding them. BUT I am trying you never know. thanks for the tip. so many people know me from the rescue groups for my involvement with fostering and adoption , and behavior/nutrition research, that word of mouth will be the way I will probably do the best. and my hope is that I can give a home to one that really may not be easily adopted by the public, that is how I feel ,they are-- way the best adoptable/appreciative/loving dogs, to me.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
So sorry to hear you had to put your big boy down!! I THINK, again THINK [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] works with Frenchies. [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION]????? Or am I just loosing my mind from this move?

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
So sorry to hear you had to put your big boy down!! I THINK, again THINK [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] works with Frenchies. [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION]????? Or am I just loosing my mind from this move?

Yep, I am a volunteer for the French Bulldog Rescue Network. We are a national Rescue so we have them all over the country. Here is their site Linda. Hope you find your next fur kid. Sorry to hear about your loss.

http://www.frenchbulldogrescue.org/

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Yep, I am a volunteer for the French Bulldog Rescue Network. We are a national Rescue so we have them all over the country. Here is their site Linda. Hope you find your next fur kid. Sorry to hear about your loss.

Yeah!!! I didn't kill all my brain cells last night on that bottle of wine!! :ROFL:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I hope you find the frenchie you're looking for [MENTION=4]Lindathedogsmaid[/MENTION]. And it's SO nice to see you on here again!!!! :hug:

OP
L

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut

thank you for responding. sounds as if you have saved a whole lot more than just Bella!! I had a Bella too. back in 2000 as a pup. spent years realizing that she was indeed a Bella LOL!!!
keep your eyes on the look out for me. I would rather not get a pup, they tend to live longer than my age should get.wouldn't like to leave one orphaned. maybe 7 to 8 yrs. but a special needs one would be fine too. I like to take the ones that may not get adopted so quickly by the public,there is no need that I haven't had or fostered.thanks. I am retired and home all day .apt,w/elevator

OP
L

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
thanks so much for the words. I had to give up my house- to much to keep up,and the rabbits/layers also. am in a quiet apartment with time on my hands now, and feeling bulldog with drawl!! I love your bulldogs
"There are humans, and there are dogs. And right in the middle there are English bulldogs.... "

OP
L

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
OH these are adorabULL
and I would love one -----but -I am to old to outlive these guys !!! I saw the two rescues we had on the site. one in Canada not really for adoption ,?? anyway. keep looking for me, and thanks for the quick reply

brieandbob

Nov 10, 2011
Hi! I don't know where you live, but we just got a senior from midatlantic bulldog rescue - they have so mny frenchies as well as the other bulldog breeds

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online