Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can Bulldogs Tell Time ?

Real Name
    Milwaukee, WI
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Can Bulldogs Tell Time ?

Yes they can tell time... BUT they only read analog clocks. After all, they can't read numbers so digital ones would be useless.

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Can Bulldogs Tell Time ?

Orion knows when it's feeding time and could care less about anything else that is on a schedule. Vegas cares about bedtime and what time his people are coming home. Since I work retail, my schedule is never the same. I USUALLY get home around 6ish. If I happen to work a closing shift, Vegas pouts and waits by the door until I do get home.

We were a little late feeding the kids last night. I was reading from my new kindle and was not paying attention to the clock. Both Vegas and Orion have learned this nasty nasty trick. Orion goes to the back slider door and barks at it like she has to go potty. I jump up to let her out...she just sits and looks at me. I then glance at the clock and realize...it's 20 minutes past 8. 20 minutes past dinner time. Vegas has also done this on occasion. He will hit the door with his front paw and Mark will have to move Orion off his lap to let him out. Vegas will refuse to go out...and as soon as daddy sits back down and before Orion can sit on daddy's lap, Vegas will climb into daddy's lap.
    Daddy usually gets up at 5:30...mommy at 6:30 to 7:00. If it's the weekend, Vegas will nudge at his dad until Mark gets frustrated and yells..."it's the weekend jackass!"
    Vegas can tell time...but could care less about what day of the week it is.

The time change was horrible. Orion freaked out for an hour. We also had to 'ease' her into the new tim

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocky, Rocks,Papa, Charlie lol i dont know y
    Likes (Received)

Rocks knows dinner time....but if I wake him before 10am...because my work schedule is a little earlier he looks at me with one eye ball like WTH....it's not 10am....!!! We're lAzy bummssss at this time!!!

Also it was a shocker to him when I started to work again after being home with him since he was a baby to a year old...we would sleep in til 12pm sometimes....ooohhhh it was the life....😊🐶 I have to admit sometimes I miss being lazy with him....with a new puppy lazy days r OVER....!!!!😜

JAX n RoCky

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads