Woman attacked my english bulldog!!!!!!!!

DiXiE

Aug 5, 2011
Katy, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
DiXiE
HOLY COW GUYS WE MADE THE NEWS AND IT IS NOT GOOD!! http://www.khou.com/home/Passer-by-saves-bulldog-mauling-victim-134047213.htmlTHAT'S THE LINK ABOVE!!IF U CAN'T SEE IT OR WHATEVER THIS IS WHAT IT BASICALLY SAYS: SO SOME 72 YR OLD LADY WENT TO GO CHECK THE MAIL AND AN ENGLISH BULLDOG AND A BORDER COLLIE RAN UP ON HER. THE BULLDOG GRABBED HER LEG AND SOME GUY DRIVING BY STOPPED AND CHOKED THE DOG WITH IT'S COLLAR!! THE END. UGH... I THINK THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH THIS STORY. ITS VERY SHORT AND SWEET AND YALL KNOW THE NEWS, THEY ALWAYS GIVE U WAY TOO MANY DETAILS. EITHER WAY, I HOPE THE LADY IS OK AND THAT OUR DOGS DONT GET A BAD NAME FROM THIS.ON ANOTHER NOTE, I'M TRYING TO FIND A NEW HOME (LEASE) AND EVERYTHING IS GREAT UNTIL I TELL THEM I HAVE AN ENGLISH BULLDOG. WHAT THE CRAP?? ONCE I SAY THAT, THEY EITHER HANG UP OR TELL ME NO. STUPID PPL... DIXIE WOULDN'T HURT A FLY!! SHE MIGHT CHASE IT AND HIT A COUPLE WALLS IN THE PROCESS BUT SHE WOULDN'T HURT IT LOL THANKS FOR READING!!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
@DiXie - for the purpose of finding a new residence, I'd avoid mentioning breed at all if it's a problem where you live. Sadly, there are places where breed discrimination runs rampant because of the stupidity of a few. Anyone who knows English Bulldogs at all would realize they're not motivated enough to attack anything - outside of an unattended cheeseburger. Can't you just say you have a "Mixed Breed" dog and leave it at that?

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
try pug mix? In essence you aren't lying because the old english bulldog was crossed with a pug long ago to help achieve the bulldogs we all love today

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
years ago when we needed to rent, we had a Springer Spaniel and there was a weight limit. When we asked if there was any budge, they just asked to see and meet Gordon, I mean he was almost double the limit. But he was so gentle and friendly they let it slide.
Even to day when I talk to people about our dogs, I have to back English Bulldog by saying.... you know an UGA dog. Check the breed limitations, most will say shepards and pits, that can be your arguement.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
I would just say, "I have an ol' wrinkly fat farter that just like's to sleep... I dont even think its a dog really.... not sure of what breed it is. looks mixed to me."
Anyways, you wouldnt be lying ! :)

LoveMyBullyBoy

Sep 12, 2011
Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Gravy
I think people must be mistaking English Bulldog for some other breed. They obviously don't realize it's the cute, sweet, wrinkly UGA dog. I'd make sure to open with that. You'd be surprised how many people have no clue about dog breeds & just generalize all of them.
But on a side note, I'd also be SURE to keep the dogs in your yard (fenced?) or on leash when outside. Sorry, I had to say it. :*( Did your dog actually bite her? And the Border Collie bite the man? I would have insisted on seeing any alleged damage they claim to have had. I hope everything works out for the best!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Good luck with your house hunting, and I would not tell them the breed unless they asked, and if they did then I would tell them an English Bulldog who is the sweetest thing you have ever met. If they say no or hang up call back ask them if they have ever met an English Bulldog, and not to confuse them with Pit bulls, and offer for them to meet her. Maybe it will help.

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
Yeah before telling them your dogs breed I would ask to see their pet policy. Mine explicitly listed breeds that were not allowed (german shepards, rottweilers, dobermans, pit bulls, american bulldogs, chow chows, that's all I can remember but I feel like I'm missing some). Also its stated dogs had to be under 50 lbs. They were really strict about it when we were moving in and we needed to provide pictures of Brooke so they could verify her breed. But since then I've seen these rules go unenforced a lot. The bulldogs a few doors down weigh over 60 lbs and there is a white german shepard owned by someone in our complex that has to be well over 70 lbs. I've also seen some pit mixes around as well. I don't mind any breed so it doesn't bother me.

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
I would just say, "I have an ol' wrinkly fat farter that just like's to sleep... I dont even think its a dog really.... not sure of what breed it is. looks mixed to me."
Anyways, you wouldnt be lying ! :)

Bwhahahahahaaaa! Yes! One of THOSE! What is that anyway, Mrs. Landlord. Do you think it's maybe a SharPei? hahahahahahaha

It's unfortunate that the FEW have ruined it for the many when it comes to breed discrimination. It's always 20% of the people that cause 80% of the problems.

Take my complex's little doggie area: it's a wonderful off leash place, about as big as a 1/4 of a football field, grassy, part sun / part shade. A dream really when it comes to doggie parks. There's even a little bench in there now. EVERYTIME I GO, I HAVE TO POOPERSCOOP OTHER PEOPLE'S DOG'S CRAP! I even installed a potty bag dispenser of sorts (doggie bag roll on a zip tie) and there's STILL POO ON THE GROUND. It's infuriating.

But I have a plan.

At the next board meeting, I'm going to offer to host a doggie area webcam - so we can definitively identify the errant crapper picker upper. AND I will offer to deliver the bagged poo to the doorstep of the individual who left it behind. How do you think that will go over? :lmao:

I have a friend who does not pick up her dog's poo. She's trained him - a ChowChow - to crap in ivy or tall grass as she believes this exhonorates her from having to find it and pick it up. I think it's so lazy and so rude and sooooo greater-than-thou. Grrrrrr. And when we're out together, she always feels she has to explain this too. "You know, I'd pick that up if I could FIND it....". Yeah. Riiighhhhttttt. I wish someone would write her a big ticket.

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] That's why you should live in the boonies. haha At my townhouse complex I do have to pick it up, but at my parents house or my boyfriends parents house she can poop where ever she pleases and I don't have to worry about bringing bags. haha There is one negative though, the other night I was out with Brooke at my boyfriends parents house and had to scoop her up and run inside because we could hear coyotes howling in the woods nearby...

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2514]Sarah[/MENTION]: yikes! I don't think taking down a bulldog for a meal would be anything less than a nightmare for the offending coyote. For Bo, it would probably be something like having his nails done and that takes 2 - and sometimes 3 - techs to make that happen.

I think if I lived in the boonies, I'd still pooper scoop. If you've ever walked into the house with someone ELSES dogshit on your shoe, you'd have one giant magical reason why you'd do that. hahahahahahaha

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] Brooke is a sissy and would run and hide behind me if we saw a coyote lol. But a basset hound did go missing recently. :*( And it is sooo much the boonies that you have a better chance of stepping in deer poop than another persons dog poop. haha

Lindathedogsmaid

Jan 30, 2010
Sequim ,Washington
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa & Peanut
you and I both know that the English are sweet dogs , but so many think that the English Bulldogs are the same as a Olde Bulldogee, and that is just a mix breed PIT MIX and they are giving our sweet English a bad name !!! SO-- try this when asked what kind of dog you have --tell them a British Bulldog-------everyone knows that it is not a fighting dog. good luck.let us know if this works better, But also , ask if you can bring your dogs to meet her , instead of telling her. what I always did was ask if I might stop by and ask a few questions about the house/apartment. but plan to take your dog on a leash when you go to the door, and she will see how quiet, and sweet they are, I used to have 3 . and they were so well behaved , that I never ever used a leash when I did this, it gives a wonderful demonstration of behavior, and I never had a problem . try it . with a leash IF your dog isn't 100% trust worthy to behave.

EBDR35

Oct 4, 2011
i think once people hear the world Bulldog, they freak out and assume its a dangerous dog, thats what i thought before i knew about english bulldogs

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.