anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
1321545261.jpg

No, not the missing rug...

There's not a dog in sight! Not on, near, nor around the new couch!

Yeah, kinda wierd. Both Bullie and Gizmo refused to even go in the room... they both stayed out in the patio! I've been sitting here typing away, missing my dogs!

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Doesn't it seem like Bulldogs are more disturbed by changes than other dogs? I know Moe gets upset if something has been moved, or something new placed in or around the house.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Give it time Give it time...... as soon as the room becomes a little dusty, they'll come running saying "AHHHhhh, dirt ..! " :rofl:

PS: Thats the EXACT coffee table I have.! Except my daughter polished her toenails on top if it and spilled the nail polish remover on it.... I have to sand it down and re varnish it.... One of these days.... for now, I just lay a magazine over the stain. :)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Stiggy is the complete opposite, well sorta. He's hesitant at first and then once he sees me or my bf sitting on the couch, then he thinks its his and will take over the space.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Nice sectional! They will get used to it.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bo won't get on my new couch unless I am laying on it too. heh heh If I lay down to watch a show, he's all "let me up...let me up...whine...paw...poke" hahahaha

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
They will return....

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
It's been 10 days since I got the couch... Still no dog! Really wierd. Okay, Gizmo the bichon has never been a "couch" dog. He's more a I-have-to-pick-him-up-to-put-in-my-lap dog otherwise, he stays by my feet while I'm sitting on the couch. So, he's at least back in the room by my feet (took him until the next day to get used to the new couch).

But, Bullie - she's been the I-want-on-that-couch-just-try-to-stop-me kinda dog. I tried to implement the no-shedding-dog-on-the-couch rule and lost the battle. But now... it took her 2 days (2 days!) just to be in the same room again... even when all of us - including the kids who she never lets out of her sight before - are on the couch. And it took her a few more days to just go near the couch - she would lay down near the fireplace away from the couch. So, 10 days later, she's turned into a Gizmo. She likes to sit by my feet with her butt to the couch now but still won't go on the couch!

So yeah, that's one way to win the "no-shedding-and-drooling-dog-on-the-couch" rule... my husband is major frustrated because he likes sitting with Bullie on top of him and now Bullie would run away if he tries to lift her up onto the couch!

1321565038.jpg

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It's been 10 days since I got the couch... Still no dog! Really wierd. Okay, Gizmo the bichon has never been a "couch" dog. He's more a I-have-to-pick-him-up-to-put-in-my-lap dog otherwise, he stays by my feet while I'm sitting on the couch. So, he's at least back in the room by my feet (took him until the next day to get used to the new couch).

But, Bullie - she's been the I-want-on-that-couch-just-try-to-stop-me kinda dog. I tried to implement the no-shedding-dog-on-the-couch rule and lost the battle. But now... it took her 2 days (2 days!) just to be in the same room again... even when all of us - including the kids who she never lets out of her sight before - are on the couch. And it took her a few more days to just go near the couch - she would lay down near the fireplace away from the couch. So, 10 days later, she's turned into a Gizmo. She likes to sit by my feet with her butt to the couch now but still won't go on the couch!

So yeah, that's one way to win the "no-shedding-and-drooling-dog-on-the-couch" rule... my husband is major frustrated because he likes sitting with Bullie on top of him and now Bullie would run away if he tries to lift her up onto the couch!

Hhhmmmm... interesting, guess she is working up the guts to be on that big bad mean looking thing

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
PS: Thats the EXACT coffee table I have.! Except my daughter polished her toenails on top if it and spilled the nail polish remover on it.... I have to sand it down and re varnish it.... One of these days.... for now, I just lay a magazine over the stain. :)

Look closer:

1321565163.jpg

No, that's not a "rustic effect" on the table. That's 5 years of abuse... :D

Oh, and that circular mark on the right side is my fault - I made an iron-on transfer shirt on top of the table with a pillowcase as padding... burnt the top! Yeah, I'm an idiot.

Last edited:
OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
I love that couch! We plan on getting one very similar, wonder if that trick will work with Choas??? :hmm: I doubt it

It just might! Hmm... I can't remember if [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]'s bully finally warmed up to her new couch...

Okay, here's another freaky thing. Bullie won't go in the other room now too - we put up the Christmas tree! She doesn't growl at it or act scared of it, she just avoids it like the plague... hmm... I guess I don't have to buy plastic ornaments for the bottom part of the tree after all?

I think my dog is just very wary of any change in her environment. I remember when I got new shoes she sniffed at my feet the whole day - like her nose is stuck to my foot. I know she's fine with moving furniture around as I've done that to my bedroom where her bed is and she's fine with the move. I think it's just when something new is added with... maybe a new smell or something.

Isn't that wierd?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION], Oh yea, Vegas got used to the new leather alright, he is snoring away on it as I type!! I think he likes it better because it is cooler for him to lay on.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION]..... count your blessings while it lasts ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.