Bullysittng and have a question

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Yup, I am bullysitting my mom's bully girl, Martha. She is a sweetie and wiggles her booty so hard that her whole body wags lol. My hubby calls her wiggle wiggle.

Anyway, she is 7 months old and pees A LOT! I swear to you, no exaggeration, she peed 15 times ON MY FLOOR yesterday! FIFTEEN! Ok, so mom is in FL and I call her and am like that is NOT normal. No dog pees 15 times a day and is normal. And did I mention, she did it on my floor?? At any rate, I made a vet appointment because I suspect a urinary tract infection. My question, however, is that when I took her potty late yesterday, she had what looked like mucous coming out and hanging down.

Ok, possible infection is what I am thinking (because of the frequency, not necessarily the mucous) but could it be that she might be ready to go into her first heat?? Would there be mucous? My mom doesn't want her going into heat and wants to get her spayed. I am wondering if it might be too late, and she will have to stick it out through a heat cycle.

I will let you guys know what the vet says tomorrow but would like to hear your thoughts.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hmm:.. Sounds like there's more to her than a wiggle! Sounds like she's in heat! How lucky for you..Betty! :bang:.. Where is that dang voodoo doll again??

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yep, sounds like your mom will have to wait a few more months before getting her spayed. Plus I would check to make sure she does not have a UTI also.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Awwww @ little Martha! Thank goodness you're there, monitoring things. 15 pees is crazy outrageous! I went thru many a heat with my Mable and never saw mucous - but her heats were probably not normal as she had heart problems (unknown to me) from the gate. At least you won't have any trouble getting a pee sample for the vet!

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Ohh geez. Yeah I'd definitely get the UTI thing checked out...15 times a day is nuts. I pee that much sometimes but I never said I was normally! Haha. That's definitely a lot for a dog.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
my gosh 15 pees on your floor is nuts. im glad you are getting her checked. i dont recall sarah having mucus either when going into heat. well let us know what they say.

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Ding, Ding, Ding...and the winner is.....BOTH! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, definitely NOT normal to pee 15 times a day. So UTI AND possibly starting her heat cycle. He said the mucous was likely a mucous plug. Her VaJayJay is a little swollen and he said it could be either the UTI or the heat but no way to really tell. The up side is that she didn't seem to be in any pain when he pressed on her bladder so hopefully it isn't hurting her much. So, we are starting clavamox and he said if her urinating did not slow down in two or three days, to bring her back and they would do the urine culture that pinpoints the type of infection. We decided to just do a strait up ph and then start a broad spectrum antibiotic for now. Plus, we will most likely be buying more diapers for the heat cycle. :blink: What fun!! hehe. My mom is really worried about her going into heat because, of course, this puppy is her baby :D. She is a tad young, 7 months but then Gypsy went into heat not long after that age so I guess it wouldn't be unheard of.

Thanks for the comments guys! We were all right :(

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
VaJayJay... LOL!!!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
VaJayJay... LOL!!!!
yes that caught my eye to:ROFL: im so glad you got things checked and hopefully the treatment will start working and no need to go back. very nice catch @GatorRay. your such a good bully mamma

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
yes that caught my eye to:ROFL: im so glad you got things checked and hopefully the treatment will start working and no need to go back. very nice catch @GatorRay. your such a good bully mamma
Okay..okay..let's not go overboard with the complimenting of Betty! After all..this bully did pee on her floor like 15 times before she thought :hmm:.. Houston..I have a problem! I mean..she's been sitting around eating Bon Bons..totally ignoring us here at ebn...why did it take 15 pee pees?? :confused: jeeeeeez..people....you'd think you missed her or sumpin'!!! :yes: :yes: :yes:

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Okay..okay..let's not go overboard with the complimenting of Betty! After all..this bully did pee on her floor like 15 times before she thought :hmm:.. Houston..I have a problem! I mean..she's been sitting around eating Bon Bons..totally ignoring us here at ebn...why did it take 15 pee pees?? :confused: jeeeeeez..people....you'd think you missed her or sumpin'!!! :yes: :yes: :yes:

haha!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

:LMAO: Priceless

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yes totally ignoring us here at ebn. we leave messages on her page and hm ud think we wrote a book that was to long to read:*( no reply is what you get. but i still think shes and awsome bully mom that wont change no matter how much she ignores me.

OP
GatorRay

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
yes totally ignoring us here at ebn. we leave messages on her page and hm ud think we wrote a book that was to long to read:*( no reply is what you get. but i still think shes and awsome bully mom that wont change no matter how much she ignores me.

Oh, gosh :(. Seriously, I really am sorry. First, life took over, then I got REALLY sick (bronchitis) and now my netbook battery is jacked and the charger won't stay in so I can chat while charging. So, this very minute I am standing in the kitchen with the charger in and the netbook wedged up against the wall at a weird angle so I can talk to you guys. :excited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.