Bully babysitting suggestion!

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I posted this under the poll section about vacations, but I thought I would post it here for more to read. As many of you know, my husband, daughter and I are going away on a cruise in January. I am very excited, but I have been sick about what to do with our Tubbers. I have researched a kennel, but I am not kean on the idea of him being in a kennel all day, everyday for a week. I can't rely on my parents because they are going with us. I know we haven't been the only ones who run into this situation where we have to leave our bullies and are worried about their care. I thought about possibly putting something on here for bully babysitting. We could post that we are looking for a bully babysitter, the area we live in and the dates we need help. This way we cold hook up with someone in our area who we can trust with our bully care while we are gone. This way we could also schedule a play date before hand to make sure our bullies get along. Just a suggestion!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What part of jersey are you in? I think I asked that before, but can't remember... down near AC?

DoughnutsMom

Jul 18, 2011
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Doughnut
Hi! Just a suggestion, but I have one of the vet techs from our vet's office stay at our house and dog sit. Its more expensive, but Doughnut enjoys being home and its someone he's seen before. Plus, our house isn't empty for an entire week so its worth it to us! Good luck!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I think that's a good idea, finding someone on here close by that would keep them, also [MENTION=2809]DoughnutsMom[/MENTION] also had a good idea, sometimes the vet techs do house and dog sitting. Just another avenue to explore.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I would love to find a familiar EBN member but I really do like that idea about the vet tech. I may just ask my favorite one at our vet's office if she does that. Thanks for the tip!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Our vet techs do petsitting too! In fact..one was so successful..she quit and opened her own petsitting business! It is well worth the price difference!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Pet Paradise or Camp Bow Wow are also good options if they have them in your area - they let the dogs play a lot and you can see them through their web cams. But yeah, having an EBN bully-sitting club would be cool!

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I like that idea!! I don't know if anyone is really close enough to watch Delilah..well, actually, Frank's mama is only about an hour from me, haha. :p

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh what a great idea. i have noone to watch my pets if im gone. so i cant go anywhere really. it would be nice to have someone on here watch my pets. i dont think i live near anyone though.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Over the years our dogs have had both pet sitters and have gone to their pet hotel. They have always liked all of the activity at the kennel but are also soooooo tired when they get home they sleep for a couple of days. Once Mack came home with a little dog bite out of his ear. I'm sure it was his fault sniffing someones privates but still no one there knew anything about it of course. Keeping animals at home with a sitter is the best option.

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
It looks like we are going to have to put him in the kennel. I am going to have to ask a lot more questions when I go to sign him up (will they clean his rope/folds, will they wipe his bottom after he :poo:. I'm not really liking this, but it looks like my only option right now! :*(

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.