I'm no dummy!

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
So I was sitting here getting everything ready to do a major up keep on Tubs while I wait for everyone else to get their stuff done so they can help me. I take gauze pads to soak them in the MalAcetic solution (his nose rope is a little red so he is getting a big cleaning done tonight). As I was opening up the gauze pads he was standing on the other side of the baby gate (which was open) and he just stood there staring at me. I started laughing because I could only imagine what he was thinking. I looked down for a second and when I looked back up he wasn't standing there anymore! I know he didn't come out into the living room because I would have heard his nails clicking on the floor (he is getting those cut tonight too). When I got up to look for him I found him hiding under the dining room table. I didnt do anything to indicate I he was going to get some work done tonight, but he knows. My hubby was telling him to run though, after I told him we need to take care of his nose rope and nails. I don't think that was smart on his end because he is the one who has to catch him and hold. Lol well let's see how this goes!!!!!!!

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
LOL... they are so freakin smart. Nitschke use to do the same thing -- go hide next to the sofa. Banks just try to 'duck'

FourPetes

Sep 9, 2011
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack-Jack
LOL Thats funny! I had a great dane once that somehow knew when it was bath day. She would make herself scarce. I never could figure out how she knew.

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
ha ha! Bubba does the same thing. He could be in a different part of the house, I go get my things to clean his rope..as soon as I walk towards him..he tries to run and ducks his head down. I know they have a great sense of smell, but it must be something we are doing just a little different that they pick up on. it's too funny!

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Well that was fun!!!! I need to get one more person involved in this activity so they can video tape it! Cutting his nails was so funny, then while I was cleaning his rope he looked up at daddy and snotted right in his face! :ROFL: I feel so bad for him though. His rope is so red and raw! Yesterday he was fine when I cleaned him up. I cleaned him really well, dried and applied animax ointment. I hope that does the trick. I know that has got to be uncomfortable!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
First before I even head to get the cleaning supplies, I have to shut and lock his crate. As soon as I come out of the bathroom with it (he can smell it) I spend the next 10 min. running circles around the dining room table to get him to stop. If I forget to shut his crate he goes into the crate and sits as crunched up as he can in the far back.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That's too funny, buddy does the same thing, if he sees me get the ear cleaning solution out or get the baby wipes out he goes and hides.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Aww!! Poor babies!! lol.

Gator just walks over with his head hanging like Eeyore, knowing it is inevitable. He also jumped in the tub last night when it was bath time. Though I did have to chase him down the hallway. Poor kid knows the drill...I told my hubby that bullies are stubborn but I am more stubborn than they are. lol

On the other hand, I have to SIT on Gyps!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I had a great dane once that somehow knew when it was bath day. She would make herself scarce. I never could figure out how she knew.

And people manage to still doubt that a person's energy is of no consequence. These dogs can FEEL your intent! I know mine are certainly smarter than I give them credit for most of the time.....

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
LOL! Tubs sounds so much like Delilah! She sees me getting out the wipes and runs for the hills.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my this is so much sarah. when i get out her stuff she "ducks" and if she can she will run and sit somewhere ducking her head like i cant see her or get her. its so funny because she never goes anywhere i cant get to her. on her pillow in front of the couch, under my computer, on her pillow in the bedroom. now my boston he will hide under the bed where i cant get him. good thing he doesnt require maintenance. :yes:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.