Thread: I'm no dummy!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubs
    Likes (Received)

Default I'm no dummy!

So I was sitting here getting everything ready to do a major up keep on Tubs while I wait for everyone else to get their stuff done so they can help me. I take gauze pads to soak them in the MalAcetic solution (his nose rope is a little red so he is getting a big cleaning done tonight). As I was opening up the gauze pads he was standing on the other side of the baby gate (which was open) and he just stood there staring at me. I started laughing because I could only imagine what he was thinking. I looked down for a second and when I looked back up he wasn't standing there anymore! I know he didn't come out into the living room because I would have heard his nails clicking on the floor (he is getting those cut tonight too). When I got up to look for him I found him hiding under the dining room table. I didnt do anything to indicate I he was going to get some work done tonight, but he knows. My hubby was telling him to run though, after I told him we need to take care of his nose rope and nails. I don't think that was smart on his end because he is the one who has to catch him and hold. Lol well let's see how this goes!!!!!!!
    Last edited by speechmom53; 11-14-2011 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Can't type on iPad!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I'm no dummy!

LOL... they are so freakin smart. Nitschke use to do the same thing -- go hide next to the sofa. Banks just try to 'duck'
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack-Jack
    Likes (Received)

LOL Thats funny! I had a great dane once that somehow knew when it was bath day. She would make herself scarce. I never could figure out how she knew.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    bubba
    Likes (Received)

ha ha! Bubba does the same thing. He could be in a different part of the house, I go get my things to clean his rope..as soon as I walk towards him..he tries to run and ducks his head down. I know they have a great sense of smell, but it must be something we are doing just a little different that they pick up on. it's too funny!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubs
    Likes (Received)

Well that was fun!!!! I need to get one more person involved in this activity so they can video tape it! Cutting his nails was so funny, then while I was cleaning his rope he looked up at daddy and snotted right in his face! I feel so bad for him though. His rope is so red and raw! Yesterday he was fine when I cleaned him up. I cleaned him really well, dried and applied animax ointment. I hope that does the trick. I know that has got to be uncomfortable!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

All Jake has to hear is me OPENING the screw lid of his wipes..and it's OFF TO THE RACES!!

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

First before I even head to get the cleaning supplies, I have to shut and lock his crate. As soon as I come out of the bathroom with it (he can smell it) I spend the next 10 min. running circles around the dining room table to get him to stop. If I forget to shut his crate he goes into the crate and sits as crunched up as he can in the far back.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

That's too funny, buddy does the same thing, if he sees me get the ear cleaning solution out or get the baby wipes out he goes and hides.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Aww!! Poor babies!! lol.

Gator just walks over with his head hanging like Eeyore, knowing it is inevitable. He also jumped in the tub last night when it was bath time. Though I did have to chase him down the hallway. Poor kid knows the drill...I told my hubby that bullies are stubborn but I am more stubborn than they are. lol

On the other hand, I have to SIT on Gyps!

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by FourPetes View Post
    I had a great dane once that somehow knew when it was bath day. She would make herself scarce. I never could figure out how she knew.
    And people manage to still doubt that a person's energy is of no consequence. These dogs can FEEL your intent! I know mine are certainly smarter than I give them credit for most of the time.....

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

LOL! Tubs sounds so much like Delilah! She sees me getting out the wipes and runs for the hills.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

oh my this is so much sarah. when i get out her stuff she "ducks" and if she can she will run and sit somewhere ducking her head like i cant see her or get her. its so funny because she never goes anywhere i cant get to her. on her pillow in front of the couch, under my computer, on her pillow in the bedroom. now my boston he will hide under the bed where i cant get him. good thing he doesnt require maintenance.

Remove Ads