Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Does your bulldog talk to you?
I'm not referring to barking, but actually trying to form words to communicate w/you?

I have noticed this with Tate. For the past 3 weeks maybe, when he's trying to get my attention, he'll "speak" to me. I wish I could describe it somehow...it's like Charlie Brown's teacher in those old cartoons...remember her? But Tate's voice is sort of like a parrot with a frog in his throat imitating Charlie Brown's teacher.:whatsthat?:

Anyways, i find it interesting and cute. But is this "normal" or do i have a genius bulldog on my hands?:hmm:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, Nitschke did it... we called it his 'chewbacca' voice. I posted a video of it a couple weeks about... it is too funny -- when he was at daycare the crew there loved it and tried to get him to 'talk' all the time.

FourPetes

Sep 9, 2011
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack-Jack
Jack does this strange whiny crying thing when I have to put him in the crate while I'm fixing dinner. He doesn't mind the crate any other time and its the only time he makes this noise.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yes Buddy will talk to us too, it's too cute.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Frank talks to us and we talk back. Then he gets all worked up and hops around. We will also sneeze back and forth. But I also think you have a genius bulldog too! :tongue:

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Matilda talks to us too. Before she jumps into our laps she sits at our feet and asks in that cute squeek, whine chewbacca noise!! It is like sheis trying to say please!! :lol:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Ummm why this thread does NOT have videos to back these claims up is beyond me! (With the Chewbacca example - I saw that one! Cute!) So um...@Cali~baker, you got a cell phone and a finger....start taping! :tease: Otherwise, I cannot even begin to accept these outrageous claims! That goes for the rest of you too.

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Tubs does this some times, more when we are playing, but he is quiet most of the time. He goes nuts with barking when he hears ro sees people outside. He will growl when we are playing tug-o-war, but yesterday my husband and Tubs were having a "bark off" and he was making these noises as well! I will have to get them to do it again so I can video it! :D

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh wow sarah does not do this. thanks for posting the video [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION] that was great. i know can know what yall are talking about. sarah talks to my other dogs but she does not make a sound. she just looks at them and they freeze or go way around her so i know she is saying something to them.

FourPetes

Sep 9, 2011
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack-Jack
Ummm why this thread does NOT have videos to back these claims up is beyond me! (With the Chewbacca example - I saw that one! Cute!) So um...@Cali~baker, you got a cell phone and a finger....start taping! :tease: Otherwise, I cannot even begin to accept these outrageous claims! That goes for the rest of you too.

I can't even post a smiley!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.