Bubba may be tough as nails but...his nails aren't! Anyone have this problem?

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
What a gorgeous guy. I want to reincarnate and come back as a Bubba. :)

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Poor baby!!:nope: You need to take care not to overdo the walks specially on concrete. I know that Mocha gets really tired after 30 minutes or so. And the bottom of their paws are a bit sensitive too. Maybe when you go for walks let him be on the grass(they do like it better) Another sugestion is to use a paw conditioner like for example Exell, but if you look online you will find other name brands. He is so beautifull!!

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
God, I just love Bubba.

As for the nails...a gal I work with has English Bulldogs, and hers have the same problem as Bubba does. They just have little nubs for nails..there's hardly anything there. They are always right at the quick--nothing to clip. I think some dogs are honestly just like that. Delilah isn't like that. Her nails don't grow too terribly fast..but I grind them down once a week and I keep hers right at the quick as I don't want her quick growing out.

And as far as the bleeding goes--septic powder..get some, it's a miracle worker!! I groom dogs and I always have some handy for if an accident occurs while I'm clipping nails. I see some long gnarly nails, so inevitably I accidentally quick a dog when it's quick has been able to grow out like that. You put it on there for a few seconds and apply pressure, and voila! Bleeding stops. It's awesome. You can get it at Farm and Fleet if you have one local..it's only like $3 there. It's $10 at Petco or Petsmart. Or you could probably order online.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.