Finally found something to keep Banks occupied

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
HA... now that you mention it , he does look PO'd!! So, his lipstick is visable when he is walking/standing... Nitschke's only did that when he was sitting

Oh Yaa! It's a REAL gift..that keeps on giving!! He had actually just gotten up and was slinking away! But you should see how "happy" he gets when kids are around! And I just LOVE explaining it to my grandaughter and the rest of the wee ones!! :cursing:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I tried the 'everlasting treat ball' and had to put my hand done her throat to get the treat disk out... she somehow got the disk out of the ball and tried to swallow it whole.

Same with Vegas. But the Everlasting Fun ball is a green ball that you can put treats in. Vegas and Orion respond well to this. Kibble doesn't work, the openings are too big, but carrots do!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bea loves the Kong Wobbler - which I originally bought to keep Bo occupied as a little food gobbling puppy. Bea does all the work and he just sits there and waits for the treats to come out. If I give it to him by himself, he'll just sit and look at it. hahahahahaha He waits for Bea to come and make the kibble come out.

I too am a HUGE fan of spots and Banks' spots are stunning!

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Same with Vegas. But the Everlasting Fun ball is a green ball that you can put treats in. Vegas and Orion respond well to this. Kibble doesn't work, the openings are too big, but carrots do!

Yes - the green ball is what i have now - works great with carrots! The one with the disk is, I think is blue - she pulled the disk right out.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Bea loves the Kong Wobbler - which I originally bought to keep Bo occupied as a little food gobbling puppy. Bea does all the work and he just sits there and waits for the treats to come out. If I give it to him by himself, he'll just sit and look at it. hahahahahaha He waits for Bea to come and make the kibble come out.

I too am a HUGE fan of spots and Banks' spots are stunning!

:LMAO: I love how Bo lets Bea do all the work.... typical male :D

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Yes - the green ball is what i have now - works great with carrots! The one with the disk is, I think is blue - she pulled the disk right out.

Those disks should come with a bigger choke warning. Or a warning stating that you shouldn't give it to smart dogs. Both Vegas and O figured out how to pop the disk out and both tried swallowing it whole.

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
I have a section of cow leg bone about 6 inches long. Its about 3 inches across and once the marrow is removed you have a fair sized hollow bone tube. I plug one end with peanut butter,level it off with the butter knife and pour treats like cheese, kibble, pieces of broke doggy cookies with icing in it then plug the open end with peanut butter. Its a stump wagger for Pepper and when she see's me making it she dances from foot to foot.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1222]Victor Y[/MENTION]... yep, she gets a marrow bone once a month and then I do what you do,,, stuff it with PB and freeze it. she gets those here and there, but once empty she has no interest. So far with the wobbler -- she continues to play thinking/hoping food still will come out

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] Hey--Here are a few ideas for interactive toys for Banks. The Nina Ottosson toys are good. We have the Dog Tornado. I will say once Lucy figured out how to do it she is a little less excited about it but for about 6 months this toys was "da bomb" at our house. I picked up a few others like it (knock off brand--sorry I can't remember) and she liked those as well. Google Nina Ottosson wooden dog tornado.

Google valley vet elbow twist and orb busy buddy. Elbow, twist and orb-- These are cool because you can use just one or twist them together to make different shapes and change it up.

Google Carolina Pet Pantry Bob Alot- Large- This one is a lot like the kong one you have. Lucy loves this one too. This one has a flap over the hole where the treats come out so you can adjust the difficulty level.

Google kibble nibble dog toy. I can't find the one exact one I'm looking for---This one is similar to Lucy's 2nd favorite toy next to the kong wobbler. Keep an eye out in the chain stores like Petco and Petsmart. It is a bluish purple ball a little smaller than a soccer ball that has a hole for treats/kibble. When the dog moves it the thing makes an annoying noise like a giggle stick--but Lucy really likes it. I'll keep looking for a link to send you.

I tried to send the links but after I posted I realized I can't sent them. Let me know if you are having trouble finding any of these. If anyone knows what that bluish purple giggle stick ball is please help me out!!

Hope these help!

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2099]LucysMum[/MENTION] - does Lucy get angry of no food is dispensed when playing with the wobbler? It is cracking me up -- she is smacking it around and if nothing comes out -- she picks it up and tosses it across the rug .

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]. I don't think she gets angry but it is amusing when she bats it around to shake the treats out. She has adopted a paw smack/shake method that cracks us up. She gets really focused and won't stop until it is empty. Then she usually takes a nap after. It's like she is training for the Olympics! Gotta love our Bullies!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
:LMAO: I love how Bo lets Bea do all the work.... typical male :D

I just ordered one of these - the NON disk kind - for Bo's holiday gift. Boy is he gonna be jazzed!

NICE HEADS UP on this ITEM!

OOOOOPPSSS. I thought this was the Everlasting Fun Ball thread! <== that's what I ordered.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i saw some of these things at petco and only glanced at them. hm im going to have to take a better look. anything to get sarah engaged in something other than sleep. i dont know if she will get a chance to play with it when the boys are around. if they smell food they will take them when shes not looking. will check it out. on a different note i also saw deer antlers at petco. im going to get one to try it.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Here are the two that Stig used to play with. I found it so amazing how smart they are. We used dehydrated liver or lung as treats. Oh, love Banks' freckles! Makes her so unique and extra perty!

DSC_0333.jpg

DSC_0270.jpg

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
I just ordered the kong wobbler along with a BUNCH of other christmas presents including some of my secret santa gifts. You guys have the 10.5" one right? It sounds too big. But the 6" sounds small. By the way the site I've been ordering from is AMAZING. It's the second order I've made with them, they ship the same day as I place my order and are always sending me coupons (which is both a good and a bad thing...) and I got $20 off my order. Plus everything is way cheaper there than petco or petsmart (the wobbler was $21.99 at petsmart and only $11.99 on their site)

Members online

No members online now.