Finally found something to keep Banks occupied

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ok -- by now you all know Banks is AMAZINGLY food motivated. Well, her life revolved around making Nitschke miserable and stealing whatever he had (we did not allow, but that did not stop her from trying) and since he past - she is impossible to get engaged in play. Over the last week I have bought four different treat dispensing/interactive toys... all four have worked, but the below is the WINNER... a small hand full of 3 calorie (per treat) treats made of carrots and wheat keeps her busy for about an hour. she gets exercise and mental challenge.

Call me mean, but I used it to feed her dinner tonight.... hee hee hee

Now, it still does not get her to play with us, but at least this now gives her some type of interaction.

It is call the 'Kong Wobbler - food/treat dispenser'

11122011017.jpg

11122011016-1.jpg

11122011015.jpg

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Oh we have one too and it NEVER gets old. I let Lucy play after dinner and I save about 1/4 cup of her dinner portion and she bats the wobbler around the house. We have a few other "puzzle" games and they are a life saver! Great pictures!

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Dozer used to Love this. Glad you have found something to stimulate her. This is adorable btw. Don't know if you have yet but , you may also wanna try the busy buddy by premier. It was Dozers favorite You can use her kibble in it. I used to feed him his breakfast this way.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer used to Love this. Glad you have found something to stimulate her. This is adorable btw. Don't know if you have yet but , you may also wanna try the busy buddy by premier. It was Dozers favorite You can use her kibble in it. I used to feed him his breakfast this way.

I have the tug-n-treat, but she does not react or engage with it. I tried the 'everlasting treat ball' and had to put my hand done her throat to get the treat disk out... she somehow got the disk out of the ball and tried to swallow it whole. I gave them to my sister and her dogs do well with them

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I don't think I've ever seen all her spots. Love em! :luv: My two other boy, Ace & Orion, never liked the kongs so I gave them away. I may have to rethink Kongs on my next purchase.

@lucysmom, what are puzzlers and wobblers?

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't think I've ever seen all her spots. Love em! :luv: My two other boy, Ace & Orion, never liked the kongs so I gave them away. I may have to rethink Kongs on my next purchase.

@lucysmom, what are puzzlers and wobblers?

Thanks.. her 'spots' are some what unique and they are all brindle... we call them her freckles.

Ans, the wobbler is what Banks has, --- it is made by Kong. It is hard plastic that has a small hole in the one side... it twist open and you can put whatever fits through the hole in it. the bottom is filled with , i think sand, which causes it to 'wobble'

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I love her freckles too! And I don't think it's mean at all to put her dinner in it. She gets fed and stimulation at the same time. I think that's great! Also a way to slow down her eating. Most highly food motivated bullies also eat way too fast.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Banks is sooooo GORGEOUS!!!! I love her markings! We have that same toy! Jake gets so OCD over a few toys..we have to monitor him!! lol..He also loves "The everlasting fun ball"..Libra926 spoke of it in another thread..her guys love it too! Please share more pics of Banks..I :love: her!!

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] I love your new avatar -- Jake looks so serious, like he is sneaky up on something

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Also a way to slow down her eating. Most highly food motivated bullies also eat way too fast.

We timed her once... 1/2 lb of raw -- 1 minute flat. 1/2 kibble = a little under a minute

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
@JAKEISGREAT I love your new avatar -- Jake looks so serious, like he is sneaky up on something

Thank you Christine! That was from a traumatic picture taking session! He was pi**ed at me for taking his picture! He would NOT cooperate at ALL..I had to actually crop this one because his "lipstick" was just tooo much !!! Thats why its off centered..:ROFL: but I loved the "stink eye" he was trying to throw at me!!!

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He was pi**ed at me for taking his picture! He would NOT cooperate at ALL..I had to actually crop this one because his "lipstick" was just tooo much !!!

HA... now that you mention it , he does look PO'd!! So, his lipstick is visable when he is walking/standing... Nitschke's only did that when he was sitting

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.