I hate people asking how much my dog cost.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
omg im sitting here reading this going wth? i must live in a backwards place because i dont remember anyone ever asking me how much sarah cost? or saying shes ugly or any of this stuff yall talk about. i have had one ask if i breed her i think he was looking for someone to mate his dog with. he looked kinda shady so i didnt really say to much and was glad my bostons wanted to take his head off so he left. lol. all people here say is how pretty sarah is and how they want a bulldog so yes i do educate them on what it means to have one so as not to discourage totally but just those who just want something all cute and no work involved. unbelievable.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] yes they call sarah a he all the time.:ROFL: i say her name is sarah.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I get that question all the time... I love how you handled it. so, rude of people... I tend to pretend i did not hear them

FourPetes

Sep 9, 2011
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack-Jack
@BruceP maybe they thought he (Gracie) was tough enough to wear pink!

Our Jack has to be tough enough to wear pink because we have two human daughters who insist that his things be pink. I did find a nice brown collar with pink and red hearts so it was compromise.

FourPetes

Sep 9, 2011
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack-Jack
Well, @FourPetes it is nice of Jack to be so accomodating and willing to keep his skin sisters happy!

Jack says he doesn't care as long as we give him treats and butt rubs. He did draw the line at the pink fairy wings we put on him at Halloween. He keeps pulling them out of the toy box to rip them apart. LOL

Vanize Andrade

Sep 1, 2011
Florida
Country
Brazil
Bulldog(s) Names
Piper, Mooney, Lear Panda and Pitts
I had so much fun reading the posts under this topic. Thanks guys!! :-)

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I LOVE all the responses everyone has to the typical nosy bulldog questions! I am going to have to steal some of them next time we get asked a stupid question. I usually just tell people that my husband sold one of his guns to get Frank since he has so many. That will usually keep them from asking more and it has worked well when we lived in pretty shady area.

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
I was amazed the first time someone asked me how much she cost. I would never be so nosy. I just say, "a lot, but so did my children". People get the hint. People ALWAYS think Lola is a boy. It's funny when they ask "his" name :)

kayrahbear

Sep 8, 2011
Nashville,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Roscoe
I dropped Roscoe off for his birthday pampering and play day at the pet resort right up the road. When I picked him up they had bows on his ears instead of a bandanna on his neck(which they put on the boys). I told the receptionist that he was a boy and she said they must not have noticed.
Really?! Roscoe is still fully intact and his..fellas...are pretty hard not to notice.:lmao: Plus his name is Roscoe!

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
I dropped Roscoe off for his birthday pampering and play day at the pet resort right up the road. When I picked him up they had bows on his ears instead of a bandanna on his neck(which they put on the boys). I told the receptionist that he was a boy and she said they must not have noticed.
Really?! Roscoe is still fully intact and his..fellas...are pretty hard not to notice.:lmao: Plus his name is Roscoe!

It's times like this when I wish he'd lift his leg and leave a little dribble. :)

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
omg I hate it too!! People ask me how much Delilah was all the time. And they comment on her coloring and size and say I should breed her. They get upset when I say she's spayed. It's just like..seriously people? It's honestly none of your business.

Oh, and Delilah gets called a boy all the time too. She isn't masculine looking at ALL. she's very petite. and she wears a pink asian silk collar with flowers on it!

Members online

No members online now.