Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I hate people asking how much my dog cost.

BullyWood Movie Star I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Erin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I hate people asking how much my dog cost.

I LOVE all the responses everyone has to the typical nosy bulldog questions! I am going to have to steal some of them next time we get asked a stupid question. I usually just tell people that my husband sold one of his guns to get Frank since he has so many. That will usually keep them from asking more and it has worked well when we lived in pretty shady area.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola
    Likes (Received)

I was amazed the first time someone asked me how much she cost. I would never be so nosy. I just say, "a lot, but so did my children". People get the hint. People ALWAYS think Lola is a boy. It's funny when they ask "his" name

Bulldog(s) Names
    Roscoe
    Likes (Received)

I dropped Roscoe off for his birthday pampering and play day at the pet resort right up the road. When I picked him up they had bows on his ears instead of a bandanna on his neck(which they put on the boys). I told the receptionist that he was a boy and she said they must not have noticed.
    Really?! Roscoe is still fully intact and his..fellas...are pretty hard not to notice. Plus his name is Roscoe!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kayrahbear View Post
    I dropped Roscoe off for his birthday pampering and play day at the pet resort right up the road. When I picked him up they had bows on his ears instead of a bandanna on his neck(which they put on the boys). I told the receptionist that he was a boy and she said they must not have noticed.
    Really?! Roscoe is still fully intact and his..fellas...are pretty hard not to notice. Plus his name is Roscoe!
    It's times like this when I wish he'd lift his leg and leave a little dribble.

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

omg I hate it too!! People ask me how much Delilah was all the time. And they comment on her coloring and size and say I should breed her. They get upset when I say she's spayed. It's just like..seriously people? It's honestly none of your business.

Oh, and Delilah gets called a boy all the time too. She isn't masculine looking at ALL. she's very petite. and she wears a pink asian silk collar with flowers on it!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

We walked fletcher for the 1st time a few weeks ago and a car pulled over and the couple got out and begged us to let him breed with there dog once he was older. They couldnt believe we were saying no. We always get the comment of thats an expensive dog and i just say i know!

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I get this question a lot too and when I do I usually start going on and on about the price of good breeding, the cost of feeding them properly, and the cost of vet care, and yes, I do hope I discourage people! If someone truly wants a bully, I want them to be afraid of health issues and cost so that they will educate themselves on finding a responsible breeder or look for a rescue. And I want them to go into it with their financial eyes open so that later they aren't dumping their precious baby when they end up costing too much in vet bills. Call me crazy.....

When my mom met Gypsy and Gator she couldn't get the thought of owning a bully out of her head. So, what did I do?? I told her in graphic detail about the day to day care (including wiping butts) all of the wiping and cleaning, the vet visits for various health issues, the fact that they could have serious breathing problems and eye problems that would cost a lot of money to fix, the fact that they can't regulate their body temps like other dogs, that they had to have premium food or be raw fed, every tiny little "bad" thing I could think of. I spent HOURS making sure that she "got it". My step-dad asked her if I was trying to scare her away from them and her reply was that I wanted to make sure she was fully aware of what she was getting into so that I didn't inherit a dog (or two) because she was overwhelmed (yes, if she can't keep them, they come to me, period, even if I have 4 dogs already). And guess what, after months, she now has TWO and treats them like they are her babies .
    Last edited by GatorRay; 11-15-2011 at 06:37 PM.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

All I got's to say is.............I can'ts afford a nutter one. I'm already working for their supper. believe me when I say. my dogs have it better then alot of kids.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

When people ask me how much Stig was I say 'Oh, not as much as other bullies. We got him on sale because he was the runt of the litter.' Sorta true, we did get a discount, only because there were only 2 left from 2 big litters the breeder just had.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

I got asked this question again yesterday. The folks who ask are usually shady looking themselves so in MY mind, I'm thinking: "Oh...thinking of stealing my precious angel and reselling her on Craigslist or worse: trying to extort me for her safe return?" THEN my mind says, "OK. Relax, Sparkles. You're being paranoid." and then, I read a story like the one I posted on a previous thread about an extortion plot. The good news? They caught these creeps and if they don't get the book thrown at them, people around here will go berzerk. http://wishididntknow.com/2011/11/06...g-the-bulldog/

Bulldog(s) Names
    Roscoe
    Likes (Received)

@Vicaroo1000 That settles it, Roscoe is never going outside again. How horrible!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Remove Ads