Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elk antler savior

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guinness
    Likes (Received)

Default Elk antler savior

Guinness works go through toys like I change my underwear but this antler has kept him quiet and occupied for days. Just chews and eats the thing all day. First day didn't know what to do with it, he never had an antler before. The only bad thing nd his breath when he eats it, makes me nauseous. Got through antler from Carolina pet pantry, large, and would def recommend and will buy again

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Elk antler savior

They are wonderful! Jake and Dena love their antlers! Glad Guinness is enjoying his!

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

What size are you getting? My MIL found some in the Lengendary catalog....20.00 for the xl. Just wondering how it compares. She plans on buying them for the kids for xmas.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Libra926 View Post
    What size are you getting? My MIL found some in the Lengendary catalog....20.00 for the xl. Just wondering how it compares. She plans on buying them for the kids for xmas.
    Cheryl..I wouldn't get anything but X large! Found out the hard way! Also Sherry has a great place..she had pictures and they were huge! Hmmm..think it was Grateful Shed...very impressive!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubs
    Likes (Received)

Here is Tubs enjoying his latest Antler that he got for his birthday. I think this is the 3rd one he has had, but this one I got for him was an xl! He still has it! A bit smaller, but he still has it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -505-jpg  

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@Sherry

where are you getting the antlers and how much are they? My MIL wants to order them ASAP for Christmas.

Real Name
    Ashley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruin & Lilly
    Likes (Received)

So the antlers are perfectly safe and digestible?? Are they able to break off pieces? I'm so intrigued by this. I'm gonna have to get one if these things are so amazing.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Libra926 View Post
    @Sherrywhere are you getting the antlers and how much are they? My MIL wants to order them ASAP for Christmas.
    Cheryl..google Grateful Shed...great prices and huge! She gets elk antlers..they have both!

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...hlight=Antlers

Here is her thread!
    Last edited by JAKEISGREAT; 11-11-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Real Name
    Ashley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruin & Lilly
    Likes (Received)

My dad hunts...do you think (if he gets a buck) the antlers are the same and would be safe for them?

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyWoodman View Post
    My dad hunts...do you think (if he gets a buck) the antlers are the same and would be safe for them?
    Hi Ashley! Sorry..probably seems like you were being ignored! Just slow computer so decided to come back! Okay..yes the antlers are perfectly safe they even get vitamins and minerals from them. I've never had pieces break off..but get the xlarge size..they last for months! As far as getting from a hunted deer (). If you have ALL points and sharp edges honed down..it would be fine. They might look a bit different because the velvet will still be on them. Since deer shed their antlers every year naturally...they are readily available!

Real Name
    Ashley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruin & Lilly
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Hi Ashley! Sorry..probably seems like you were being ignored! Just slow computer so decided to come back! Okay..yes the antlers are perfectly safe they even get vitamins and minerals from them. I've never had pieces break off..but get the xlarge size..they last for months! As far as getting from a hunted deer (). If you have ALL points and sharp edges honed down..it would be fine. They might look a bit different because the velvet will still be on them. Since deer shed their antlers every year naturally...they are readily available!
    I was starting to wonder if people didn't like me I'm a vegetarian and against animal cruelty blah blah blah...the whole shebang, but when my dad hunts, everything gets used...and I figure grampa could give them to his fur grandkids instead of someone else getting them I would imagine he could sand them down. I'll have to ask him.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyWoodman View Post
    I was starting to wonder if people didn't like me I'm a vegetarian and against animal cruelty blah blah blah...the whole shebang, but when my dad hunts, everything gets used...and I figure grampa could give them to his fur grandkids instead of someone else getting them I would imagine he could sand them down. I'll have to ask him.
    .. NEVER think that! You know..I've heard of farmers on the Internet who gather all the antlers and sell them to people like us! Supposed to be the best and freshest antlers! I grew up in Montana..and from a hunting family! Lots of hunters here too! No judging..I promise!! But if he gets you an antler..your babies will love it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads