wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
Guinness works go through toys like I change my underwear but this antler has kept him quiet and occupied for days. Just chews and eats the thing all day. First day didn't know what to do with it, he never had an antler before. The only bad thing nd his breath when he eats it, makes me nauseous. Got through antler from Carolina pet pantry, large, and would def recommend and will buy again

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
What size are you getting? My MIL found some in the Lengendary catalog....20.00 for the xl. Just wondering how it compares. She plans on buying them for the kids for xmas.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
What size are you getting? My MIL found some in the Lengendary catalog....20.00 for the xl. Just wondering how it compares. She plans on buying them for the kids for xmas.
Cheryl..I wouldn't get anything but X large! Found out the hard way! Also Sherry has a great place..she had pictures and they were huge! Hmmm..think it was Grateful Shed...very impressive!

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Here is Tubs enjoying his latest Antler that he got for his birthday. I think this is the 3rd one he has had, but this one I got for him was an xl! He still has it! A bit smaller, but he still has it!

Attachments

• 505.jpg
    505.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 103

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]

where are you getting the antlers and how much are they? My MIL wants to order them ASAP for Christmas.

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
So the antlers are perfectly safe and digestible?? Are they able to break off pieces? I'm so intrigued by this. I'm gonna have to get one if these things are so amazing.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Last edited:

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
My dad hunts...do you think (if he gets a buck) the antlers are the same and would be safe for them?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
My dad hunts...do you think (if he gets a buck) the antlers are the same and would be safe for them?
Hi Ashley! Sorry..probably seems like you were being ignored! Just slow computer so decided to come back! Okay..yes the antlers are perfectly safe they even get vitamins and minerals from them. I've never had pieces break off..but get the xlarge size..they last for months! As far as getting from a hunted deer (:cry:). If you have ALL points and sharp edges honed down..it would be fine. They might look a bit different because the velvet will still be on them. Since deer shed their antlers every year naturally...they are readily available!

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Hi Ashley! Sorry..probably seems like you were being ignored! Just slow computer so decided to come back! Okay..yes the antlers are perfectly safe they even get vitamins and minerals from them. I've never had pieces break off..but get the xlarge size..they last for months! As far as getting from a hunted deer (:cry:). If you have ALL points and sharp edges honed down..it would be fine. They might look a bit different because the velvet will still be on them. Since deer shed their antlers every year naturally...they are readily available!

I was starting to wonder if people didn't like me :( I'm a vegetarian and against animal cruelty blah blah blah...the whole shebang, but when my dad hunts, everything gets used...and I figure grampa could give them to his fur grandkids instead of someone else getting them :) I would imagine he could sand them down. I'll have to ask him.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I was starting to wonder if people didn't like me :( I'm a vegetarian and against animal cruelty blah blah blah...the whole shebang, but when my dad hunts, everything gets used...and I figure grampa could give them to his fur grandkids instead of someone else getting them :) I would imagine he could sand them down. I'll have to ask him.
:ohmy:.. NEVER think that! You know..I've heard of farmers on the Internet who gather all the antlers and sell them to people like us! Supposed to be the best and freshest antlers! I grew up in Montana..and from a hunting family! Lots of hunters here too! No judging..I promise!! But if he gets you an antler..your babies will love it!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] well I must tell yous, I found a place that has BIGGER ONES and they sell for $16 a pound no matter what size you choose. I get the elk ones, extra large. In fact I placed another order tonight. These are bigger then the Mule deer ones I showed before,(Grateful Shed) these new guys I'm getting from now, Yellowstone Antlers and believe me, they are huge. I'll take pictures of them to show yous. They average over a pound @ piece. I had purchased 4 pounds a few weeks ago and only three mother hubbers showed up, but worth it. So like I said, I place another order with Yellowstone Antlers. Will post pictures tomorrow.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] well I must tell yous, I found a place that has BIGGER ONES and they sell for $16 a pound no matter what size you choose. I get the elk ones, extra large. In fact I placed another order tonight. These are bigger then the Mule deer ones I showed before,(Grateful Shed) these new guys I'm getting from now, Yellowstone Antlers and believe me, they are huge. I'll take pictures of them to show yous. They average over a pound @ piece. I had purchased 4 pounds a few weeks ago and only three mother hubbers showed up, but worth it. So like I said, I place another order with Yellowstone Antlers. Will post pictures tomorrow.
Wow! Thanks Sherry! Will be waiting for pics!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I took these pictures just minutes ago.

004.jpg005.jpg012.jpg013.jpg015.jpg
Mule deer is thinner , the one under Griz, the Elk are thick and last the longest

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.